• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

uvelocity

International Coach
it means they are people who cant afford to do anything better than go to an afl match, hence are living below the poverty line

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
The Sydney crowd is the one that stands out as poor. The Melbourne crowds are as per normal really, but the great white hope of the AFL vs last years premiers being down over 30% isn't a good sign.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: comparing last year (new team) with this year.

Lets compare Gold Coast Titans first match attendance to this years. Would that be a good gauge?

benchmark00

But enough about NRL, if I wanted to speak about a minority sport in this country I'd choose korfball.

My biggest fear about today's game is that Cloke is going to kick 15 goals. All other areas of the game I am confident North can at least half the contest, and I think we're better on the spread than Collingwood.

However our defence is horrible. Grima is massive today. Thompson will get Cloke but Grima is also very very important to north a back line.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It surprises me that a team that has been in the league for 30 years and have tasted success have more fans than a 2nd year team that finished bottom of the ladder.
Ahh. That explains why you'd attribute declining interest in the derby to a declining interest in a second year team, not an established one.

Eh, that plastic abomination of a construct will do more to prove me right than any argument on here ever will.

benchmark00

Honestly don't know where to start with that post.

All I can say is:

You better hope to hell that the person who runs your sport doesn't think the same as you.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Still seems better than Gallop. What Benchy was referring to has to do with understanding the commercial importance of expanding your fan base. Not whether he knows the players.

Hiring a bloke with executive and business experience seemed a step in the right direction.

howardj

International Coach
The RL Commission already has plenty of business heads on it

You need somebody who has a feel for the game, and also has a good business head

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Still seems better than Gallop. What Benchy was referring to has to do with understanding the commercial importance of expanding your fan base. Not whether he knows the players.

Hiring a bloke with executive and business experience seemed a step in the right direction.
Yeah he's miles better than Gallop, if for no other reason than the fact he doesn't serve two masters.