• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah sorry his "Finey's final siren" is on Friday nights.

Would be interested to hear his thoughts on tonight's match.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AFL can be a fickle mistress

Hug you to her bosom one week

Put you over her knee the next
Sounds like an ideal night in...

Typically slow start from the champs yesterday. Not that great but got the job done. Some good signs for GWS, especially that run in the second quarter. Mind you, Swans do have these random quarters where they completely go to sleep. Thought they might have got rid of it, but it's still about.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pretty poor crowds at some of the matches and the decision to have a split round in the first week of the season defies logic. I'll remain interested though as I'm still in LMS.

benchmark00

80,000 on Thursday, 43,000 for the first game, 40,000 for WC/Freo, 25,000 for WB/Brisbane (would say that would be above average for WB vs interstate team) and 24,000 for GWS/Sydney.

Not sure they're poor crowds...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I didn't say the crowds were small, I said they were poor.

Actually enjoyed the last quarter of the Suns game. What's with Sam Lane she looked like she was about to fall asleep.

Burgey

I didn't say the crowds were small, I said they were poor.

Actually enjoyed the last quarter of the Suns game. What's with Sam Lane she looked like she was about to fall asleep.
You've been here long enough to know that this thread is like the AFL media mate. Don't dare stick your head up with a contrary viewpoint or something which could remotely be construed as criticism of the game.

benchmark00

You've been here long enough to know that this thread is like the AFL media mate. Don't dare stick your head up with a contrary viewpoint or something which could remotely be construed as criticism of the game.
So it's a bit like the politics thread really.

N00fers, the fact that there were multiple swans fans in the crowd meant by definition the quality of people there were poor.

benchmark00

By my estimates and calculations, the average crowd for round one will be approximately 40,000.

The average crowd for round one last year was 40,866...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Taking away the gay Burgey vs. Benchy fight, I am confused Nufan. Benchy and I agree that the split round sucks balls, but how can you say its affected the crowds? They aren't down, and so how can you call them poor?

You saying they weren't low they were just poor... what does that even meannnnnnnnnnnnnn?