• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

uvelocity

International Coach
unrucky. got 2 games ****ers. taste it.

even when you get your season started finally, and ease into it, you have to have a bludge for no good reason

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbf can't expect anyone to show up to an NRL game, theyve got better things to do than be cooped up in a stuffy stadium.

ajdude

International Coach
nm v coll 2007 on fox footy at the moment, medhurst tackles petrie, tim lane makes the astute observation that "petrie was trying to beat off medhurst"

howardj

International Coach
i love how the nrl doesn't show the special good friday arvo game on FTA.

That's right!

Just one live FTA game per week for the next five years

What a way to grow the sport!

They ****ed up their TV deal last year; dropped the ball, so to speak

#appalling

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
In a largely secular society which Australia is, I don't see the great sin about playing footy on Good Friday

ANZAC day is more sacrosanct than Good Friday, and look at how the AFL exploit the ANZAC legend

Not that I have a problem with how the AFL do ANZAC day

benchmark00

There really is no sound reason for not playing. Football is played across the country in local leagues. In my former local comp a priest tossed the coin yesterday ffs. It's such a non issue.

The only thing is that AFL wouldn't want to clash with the Good Friday appeal. That's fine, just play the match interstate instead.

morgieb

There really is no sound reason for not playing. Football is played across the country in local leagues. In my former local comp a priest tossed the coin yesterday ffs. It's such a non issue.

The only thing is that AFL wouldn't want to clash with the Good Friday appeal. That's fine, just play the match interstate instead.
Good Friday appeal?

benchmark00

Good Friday appeal?
Case in point, people outside of Victoria have often never heard of it.

The Good Friday appeal is a big thing that's run in Victoria where it raises money for the Royal Children's hospital in Melbourne. It's a big deal down there. There's a telethon on Channel 7 all day and celebrities get on the phone etc etc. it raises about $15million each Good Friday.

Spikey

i love how simon black not touching the ball in the first 5 minutes of play makes me go check the team lists to see if he is playing

(he's not)