• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think there's no doubt that the AFL has better managed expansion than the NRL tbh.

How much inroads have the Storm made in Melbourne, ftr?
The AFL has managed its expansion very well, much better than NRL. Mind you, the fact the ARL was expanding then the competition decided to devour itself did the game no favours. Make no mistake, Super League was the biggest single detrimental thing to ever happen to league in Australia. In the years immediately preceding the split, league was doing really well. There was a huge amount of damage done to the game when it split.

Burgey

You weren't alone there. I think it ruined it for the vast majority of supporters.

Super League broke about a week before my grandfather died. He played for Balmain pre-war and was a huge lover of the game. I remember him saying to me the day it happened "The game's ****ed itself over". He was right.

Then again, he was right about most things. A great man.

uvelocity

International Coach
sounds like a good bloke.

I actually started watching again in 05. Bought a mini footy at the start of the year and put it on the dash of the truck i was driving at the time. such good timing

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've thought about Kingy's solution to equalisation overnight.

I think he underestimates how much the "Monday to Friday" work of clubs has on their performance - recovery, training, mentoring etc.

That being said, I still think his idea would even up things, even if slightly. And importantly, even if it did not help equalisation, it would be ****ing awesome to see the coaches go "mano a mano" with less use of technology, stats, video analysis etc. during game-time.

Either way, I find it incredibly interesting.

Spikey

the afl def. has to do something about clubs using mac laptops

ABC News ‏@abcnews 21m
Police confirm Liam Jurrah is being held in connection with an alleged aggravated assault in the Alice Springs CBD overnight
aw damnit

Last edited:

Spikey

paint my chicken coop

we're all united in our desire to see Adam Cooney rip it up this season, right?