• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

howardj

International Coach
Yeah sure that is fine, but that is absolutely irrelevant to the point about Fox Footy being on during the off season. Especially since it only showing replayed games.

In fact there were complaints from some about Fox Footy having no coverage of the actual free agency and trade periods on the Fox Footy channel. The channel had shut off all shows by then and only showed replayed matches.

The idea that customers who pay Foxtel should be denied the right to watch, what is already barely a product anyway, for 4-5 months, because of some random "there is no off season" whine, is in fact unbelievable.

Everything you have said has absolutely nothing to do with Fox Footy being online during the off season. I for one think that they should have showed random older matches and classic Grand Finals rather than repeating the NAB Cup and every game of the AFL season. The fact you're saying that the money I pay should actually receive a channel that is shut down is ridiculous.
My Fox Footy remark was a random comment, symptomatic of my off beat sense of humour

Anyway, on Dustin Martin, he's such a try hard Ben Cousins (the hair out the back, the sleeping pills, the going off the rails in the offseason). Problem is he only finished 10th in the Tigers B and F last year. He's no Cousins.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Martin had a pretty disappointing season last year, no doubt. People expected him to rip **** up after his 2011 but he basically did jack all last year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but he also set the bar higher than most other players did in his second season. He did not continue the rise, and its pretty easy to see why. Did not have the fitness, and particularly, did not have the right mindset.

He is one of the best smokey bets for top 3-5 Brownlow this year. And even those "put $5 on a 100-1 Brownlow winner" bet.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't go, Essendope flew on a plane last time and missed the game.

Worth going for good old Shannon Noll though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was so happy that you were using the term Essendope as well, and then you pull out that.

Disappointing to say the least.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
HAHAHAHAHA Just read about Hird spitting a dummy on AFL 360 after Robbo kept questioning him about drug-gate and not the NAB Cup game :laugh:

Robbo wafg