• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
- fox footy to shut down in October, and open again in February
Yep because those replayed matches from the 2012 season that aired on Fox Footy from October to February really had a play in damaging the AFL.

You say the most random stuff sometimes Howard.

howardj

International Coach
***y men those McLachlan boys

Don't they love those rolled up sleeves, and those oh so casual button up shirts

howardj

International Coach
Yep because those replayed matches from the 2012 season that aired on Fox Footy from October to February really had a play in damaging the AFL.

You say the most random stuff sometimes Howard.
Point being that there is just no off-season

It's football out of your ears

You don't have time to savour the Granny, because the next week is the draft combine, followed by the draft proper, then the fixture annoucement, the preseason draft, the rookie draft. All the while the players are back in preseason training

#channellingcaroline

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah sure that is fine, but that is absolutely irrelevant to the point about Fox Footy being on during the off season. Especially since it only showing replayed games.

In fact there were complaints from some about Fox Footy having no coverage of the actual free agency and trade periods on the Fox Footy channel. The channel had shut off all shows by then and only showed replayed matches.

The idea that customers who pay Foxtel should be denied the right to watch, what is already barely a product anyway, for 4-5 months, because of some random "there is no off season" whine, is in fact unbelievable.

Everything you have said has absolutely nothing to do with Fox Footy being online during the off season. I for one think that they should have showed random older matches and classic Grand Finals rather than repeating the NAB Cup and every game of the AFL season. The fact you're saying that the money I pay should actually receive a channel that is shut down is ridiculous.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What is Dank saying on 7.30 about Essendope? At work.

Will stream tonight but need to spray the **** out of my Essendope fan mates via sms.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Has admitted that he was involved in administering items to Essendon coaches that didn't comply with the WADA code.

But maintains that everyone on the playing list was aware of what was going on, and that no code was breached.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But maintains that everyone on the playing list was aware of what was going on, and that no code was breached.
As in "Essendope's club code?" or the WADA code, cos didn't he just say he breached that?

Must mean the club code I presume?

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
As in "Essendope's club code?" or the WADA code, cos didn't he just say he breached that?

Must mean the club code I presume?
No.

What he administered to the playing list fell within the WADA code. What he gave to coaches, who do not fall under the code, was not always WADA approved.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anti-doping agencies have dropped the ball

The AFL famously resisted joining forces with the World Anti-Doping Agency's illicit drugs policy because of the number of indigenous players testing positive for marijuana. Federal government pressure to the tune of $3 million a year in annual funding saw Andrew Demetriou back down in 2005.
Has anyone else heard of this being highlighted as a reason for the AFL's confrontation with the Government over WADA compliance?
So, if I've understood correctly, is the implication that Indigenous players (and, by extention, all Indigenous people) are/were pot heads and the AFL were worried too many would be pinged for it?

I don't pretend to be au fait with Indigenous culture at all, but it does read as being farily adjacent to lazy racial stereotyping.

Can't recall reading many reports of players being caught for the ganja since 2005...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just saw the interview. I'm going to use my well educated body language techniques to say that he is lying. Touched his nose and face a lot :ph34r: