• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Redbacks

International Captain
Looks like the sponsors have done the right thing by the cows and claimed full responsibility for approaching them over all the side deals currently in play for Van Berlo, Dangerzone etc.

Not sure this helps with regards Tippett though as his payment doesn't appear to be directly linked to work for sponsors.

howardj

International Coach
I can't believe the rules are so complicated. Putting my legal hat on, as I've said before the best framework is where you have minimal conditions and leave the adjudicators to apply general principles. With 3rd party sponsorship, the rule should simply be: but for the player playing at their particular club, would they have been approached by the sponsor?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
the rule should simply be: but for the player playing at their particular club, would they have been approached by the sponsor?
Nah too broad. Obviously some sponsors based in Geelong will only approach players because they play for the Cats.

Needs to be tighter.

Redbacks

International Captain
Adjacent Anderson has said:

that the league would continue to scrutinise third-party deals based on a range of factors which included "the degree of independence between the club, the governance of the club and the third party",

The Hun Reports:

ANOTHER 15 Carlton players were paid by Visy this year to be environmental ambassadors.

and...

Judd picks the Blues over Melbourne, Essendon and Collingwood, the Blues pay him $800,000 and the prez kicks in $200,000 a year from the start of Judd's second year.