• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did the Roos play Hale because they were worried about the possible $20k fine if they selected someone else?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shattering.

Man I was watching AFL Insider. How much of a gun is Brad Scott.

He and Hardwick are just so genuine. Love them. Added a lot to the list of AFL coaches.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When Scott was appointed as coach I had massive reservations about him, mainly because:

a) I didn't know much about him as a coach, and;
b) I didn't like him as a player. Always struck me as a genuine ****.

But now that he has been appointed, I couldn't be happier. Coming from the days with Laidley, who was so combative with the media, it's so refreshing to have a guy who is honest but still comes off as a good bloke. Does a great load of good when trying to 'sell' the club.

Enjoying his general game plan also, ftr.

Kudos to the people involved in his appointment.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How different is he as a coach compared to as a player?!!!

I hated the Scott brothers (said so in the thread at some point, though admitted i'd have loved them if I was a Brissie supporter).

But he coaches in a much more modern way compared to how he played. Doesn't just spray the **** out of his players. Understands the long term vision for the club. Quite tactical.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Loathed the Scotts when they were players, but as I've said previously, was sad* to see him leave Collingwood because he contributed a lot there as an assistant.

* Sad in one sense, obviously pleased for him to get a senior gig.

Matt79

Global Moderator
No wonder Bombers fans are reaching for the razor blades and getting ready to lynch Knights. It's one thing being abjectly **** week after week, it's another thing entirely to be abjectly **** week after week EXCEPT for when you play last year's Grand Finalists when you come out and belt them. Must do their heads in.

Wonder how often its happened that a team has lost to the favourite for the wooden spoon one week and knocked off a team in the top 3 the next?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Essendon are pretty random. May just not bet on any games involving them from now on.
I don't know why it's so surprising? I'd had a feeling most of the week that the upset might happen (though not in the circumstances they did). As **** as Essendon are right now, they're always up for beating another Vic side.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Watched the first five minutes after half time, turned it off. The blues were so abject, the random handballs forward were mindboggling.

Matt79

Global Moderator
You know we've put on an absolute clinic against both grand finalists now, yet I'd have rather have seen us beat Collingwood and Essendon tbh. ****s.

Still, we should have beaten the Saints last year (Houlihan missed with a few seconds left) so it's awesome to do it now without Fev. So much talk about our demise, yet we kicked 120+ against St Kilda tonight. Still not going to make the finals Matt?
@ Pasag - 60:40 that you won't, IMO.
Looking like a pretty good call three months down the track. Pity we missed the chance to put your percentage into double figures in the last quarter but can't have everything I suppose.