• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why are you seeing this as a "which is a better sport" argument?

Plenty of soccer fans (for e.g.) would acknowledge that AFL would be harder to pick up than soccer. They would not believe though that its the better sport.

One of AFL's strengths and at the same time weaknesses is its complexity. It is often a barrier to getting in new fans, as there is so much going on and a lot of technical rules. I think its fair to say that out of all the football codes AFL would be one of the hardest to pick up.
I actually don't agree with that. I don't think AFL's rules are complex at all. About the only complex rule is the holding the ball rule and it's interpretation. Everything else is pretty easy to pick up as a new fan to the sport.

I certainly accept there are complex skill sets involved in the game, as there are in pretty well most sports at an elite level. But I don't really see what's complex about the rules at all. If anything, the criticisms I've heard levelled at the game by those who haven't seen it before is that there seem to be no rules.

I do think a lot of knock ons get let go, but that's just a personal opinion.

I mean, compared to rugby union, there's no much to the rules of AFL (thank Christ).

Spikey

Draft penalties for two years + fine. Really have no idea what punishment Tippet will get. I'm up for everything there though. Seems pretty obvious he knew what was happening

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
1) Difference between the board and the actual CEO, who whilst sitting on the board, is a full time employee. We have one, you don't.
2) Reckon Brian Cook rejected North Melbourne primarily because of the office space they offered him? I believe they could only give him a cubicle.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You also put in the worst finals performance ever really.

North - the team that makes September and then loses by 10 goals every time.

See - 2007, 2008, 2012.

benchmark00

Ummm didn't we beat you??? Ipso facto.....

At the end of the day, your team is the laughing stock of the league. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. You don't have a leg to stand on.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How many times do I have to tell you that you didn't beat us. It is void because Jake King wasn't playing.

Seriously keep up man.