• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Craig

World Traveller
Man the Brisbane Lions have been woeful this year. I know they have had some serious injuries, but that was a touch up by Geelong, even if it were to be expected.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good come back from the Blues. Big win considering the Roos lost.

That ball from the Roos didn't hit the post. Horrible umpiring decision.

Harvey's ball generally isn't holding the ball, but not the worst call ever.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
As a Collingwood man, it was fun watching today's drubbing on one level, but it was a pretty average spectacle. Even Collingwood definitely shifted back into third gear for much of the second half. Tigers were just awful - we probably all got, unfairly, a little over excited after their good month - there are promising signs appearing, but they're still an awfully young side with many many glaring deficiencies. Thought Hardwick came across very impressively speaking after the match - he seems to be growing in stature week by week.

Loved Didak's double-candy goal, although he was right in saying after the match that the celebration was pretty dopey.

More importantly:
LEIGH

BROWN

WATCH

The great man had another inspiring performance today - 19 possessions, 10 marks, 3 goals (and two posters). The big guy also laid 4 tackles and had 11 hit outs. WAFG.

I can't claim LBW to be the inspiration for the great man, but in the three weeks it's been running, he's averaged 15 possessions, 7 marks and 2.66 goals a match - and been on an upwards trend on all of those measurements. At this rate, predicting he's going to unfortunately derail Dane Swan's chance of a Brownlow by stealing successive BOGs for the remainder of the season ;)

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Should make the 8 unless we lose to Richmond and Essendon, which is possible. Won't get past first round though.

pasag

RTDAS
As a Collingwood man, it was fun watching today's drubbing on one level, but it was a pretty average spectacle. Even Collingwood definitely shifted back into third gear for much of the second half. Tigers were just awful - we probably all got, unfairly, a little over excited after their good month - there are promising signs appearing, but they're still an awfully young side with many many glaring deficiencies. Thought Hardwick came across very impressively speaking after the match - he seems to be growing in stature week by week.

Loved Didak's double-candy goal, although he was right in saying after the match that the celebration was pretty dopey.

More importantly:
LEIGH

BROWN

WATCH

The great man had another inspiring performance today - 19 possessions, 10 marks, 3 goals (and two posters). The big guy also laid 4 tackles and had 11 hit outs. WAFG.

I can't claim LBW to be the inspiration for the great man, but in the three weeks it's been running, he's averaged 15 possessions, 7 marks and 2.66 goals a match - and been on an upwards trend on all of those measurements. At this rate, predicting he's going to unfortunately derail Dane Swan's chance of a Brownlow by stealing successive BOGs for the remainder of the season ;)
You make me sick.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Speaking of which, you'd be feeling sick as an Eagles fan. Managing to capitulate from the position they were in, to a team playing Carlton's current brand of football, is about as damning an indictment as you'd be likely to get.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Well that was painful, especially after the first half. Couple of things:

1. Cox really shouldn't have been playing if he had the effing flu.

2. The only guy worth a pinch of **** out there tonight was Andrew Strijk, and in so being he got himself annihilated. WAG. I liked Hams game too - makes you wonder why the rookies have to show the rest how it's done.

What made things worse is I had Ebert to beat Rosa in DT and he lost by a ****ing handball after being 17 up at 3QT. FML.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Strikj looks the goods.

But Carlton's midfield just flicked the switch, and really, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise. The game was always going to be decided in the centre, and once Judd, Simpson, Murphy etc. got going in the 3rd quarter, the West Coast defence had no chance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Matt, Collingwood obviously too good, but Hardwick's defensive plan was pretty bad IMO. Didn't want to man up at all.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well I can't imagine that what his players produced today was anything like what he had planned. Amazing the number of Tiges that were standing still at any given moment. What we've seen of him so far says that he's got a plan of how he wants this team to play, and its going to move towards that without getting too worried about it if it means getting the odd flogging from a top team on the way. I think there'll be a stack that he'll want his team to learn from this about the style he wants them to play.

Not gloating at the Tiges either - obviously we're at completely different stages in the life cycles of our lists, so for it to be anything other than a strong win, we had to really drop the ball.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Did you (Jono) go? I was on home duties and frankly too hungover to go anyway (I'm too old for a big night out now, apparently). How big did Tyson Goldsack's torps look? They seemed huge on tv.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree, but I don't think that type of zone is what Hardwick has wanted to play for most of the season. That being said, I didn't watch the game, only listened to it on the radio. But going from what some of the commentators were saying, Leigh Brown would pot a goal and then just stand still with no one around him.

There's a zone, and then there's ridiculous.

But yes, I have full faith in Hardwick and his direction. Love the bloke tbh. Glad we got him and not Knights right now, even though Knights is a Richmond hero. Better to have no baggage coming in :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah Matt didn't go. We should go to a Rich vs. Coll game next year though, if you're up for it.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Liam Picken :wub: Jarrad Grant :wub: Easton Wood :wub: Jordan Roughead :wub:

I don't reckon our "Premiership Window" or whatever **** they go on about is done after Johnson and Hall retire.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Went to the Dees game today, was good seeing them belt seven shades of **** out of the Swans.

Came home to find out that Messrs Green and Bolton had saluted over Bruce and Kirk in DT as well, which was a pleasant surprise after the last quarter where Bruce got a bunch of junk stats and Green was dropping easy marks. Just need Boak over Cassisi in the showdown to collect a reasonable multi.

And 181.5 points in the Doggies/Freo? Please!

Good day for punting.