• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No idea. you'd think some **** would be keeping track of this stuff on a website but it doesn't seem like it

if there's enough force, it'll be reckless/high contact/low impact, which equals level 2, and a level 2 rough conduct offence is a 225 base penalty. and it could even be intentional (level 3, 325). He's doing time...if they rule there's enough force. I'm never quite sure how they'll deem it (oh hai Chris Judd - YouTube)
Defs won't be intentional. Will argue he was just trying to stop him from making front and square at the marking contest and just got him high. But yeah, I reckon a week with an early plea.

Spikey

Yeah I did.

Has the report system always been in AFL or did they once have send offs but ditched it?
I don't think there's ever been a send off system.

the mrp came in during the early 2000's and the tribunal, i dunno know when that came in, but it was there as far back as the 30's. the great gordon coventry missed a GF for hitting a guy who was hitting some boils on coventry.

Burgey

I don't think there's ever been a send off system.

the mrp came in during the early 2000's and the tribunal, i dunno know when that came in, but it was there as far back as the 30's. the great gordon coventry missed a GF for hitting a guy who was hitting some boils on coventry.
Cheers.

benchmark00

The laws of Australian Rules state that there is a send off rule, it's just that the AFL choose not to use it.

Every local league I know of has a send off rule, 15 mins if you're shown the cheese and for the rest of the game if you're given a red card.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
No, otherwise there'd be little point in sending someone off other than having one less on the interchange.
Depends on the league.

For example, the Ammos in Melbourne have three cards:

Yellow: player off for 15 minutes, can be replaced.
Red: player off for rest of game, can be replaced.
Black: player off for rest of game, can't be replaced for next 15 minutes.

Yellow gets used for things like arguing with umpires, swearing, etc.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
As in, yellow can't be replaced for the fifteen minutes, and red can't be replaced for the rest of the game?

Think the Ammo system works well, because it allows them to discipline smaller stuff without having too big an impact on the match.

Anyway, Pies outgunned last night, but Krakouer being back does give them some extra class that they've lacked in the forward line, when the ball hits the ground. The younger blokes like Elliott and Sinclair have tackled their **** off, but they can't be nearly as damaging as Krak.

Surely Maxwell can't be low impact, either.

uvelocity

International Coach
I'm not expert but my cricket club is an afl club so I've watched some games and yeah I'm pretty sure they can replace them

howardj

International Coach
Should be a barn burner of a game

Loving Dangerfield this year

His explosiveness off the mark is Judd-like

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Frantic period this. Adelaide throwing everything at the Swans here, but the Swans holding firm at the moment.

Crows fans booing upon exhaling.

Last edited: