• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Another Dream Team title for me, dominated this league.

Thanks to Spikey and Dav for not having Dane Swan, the greatest Dream Teamer to ever live. Gifted me the flag.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
in a cruel twist of fate, all the guys I needed to perform last week have performed this week

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round Twenty-Three Tipping Update

Decent scoring across the board, with only the Tigers/Power tie eluding our combined forecasting.

Star performers were the bench and dav, who each nailed the other nine fixtures.

SBI did miss the week's first fixture, but as everyone went for the Hawks he gets a point anyway.

No tips from Johnners or Jono, so round's worst, etc

Weekly

skd 8
Benchy 8
Brumby 7
morgie 7
HDS 7
howard 7
altoz 6
Spikey 6
SBI 6

Jono 6
Johnners 6

Weekly extras to the aforementioned Roos fans.

Welcome onboard to SBI, who proves it's better late than never. He joins on the lowest minus one (Spikey's 104 - 1 = 103).

Final Standings

1) howard 153.12
2) altoz 147.10
3) morgie 147.07
4) Brumby 146.07
5) skd 142.09
6) HDS 142.05
7) Jono 141.06
8) Benchy 141.04
10) Johnners 121.01
11) Spikey 110.04
12) SBI 109

As one understands, for some unearthly reason, CW's AFL tipping doesn't traditionally include the finals, so that will be yer lot.

Hearty congrats to howard, who's frankly had it sewn up for weeks but that in no way lessens the achievement. Truly a god amongst mere men. :cool:

The minor medals to tozz and morgie. Thanks to all who rook part and some other **** can run this next year. :p

benchmark00

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Wanted to beat Jono.

Congrats to Howard. The **** almost tipped as many winners as the number of teams he supports.

Ch33rs for running it Brumbeh. I believe it's time to pass the organisation baton onto Spikey. Good luck next season Spikey.

benchmark00

And Brumbeh -

Are you running the AFL/NRL finals tipping competition this year? Quietly confident of taking it out this year given my NRL LMS form.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mid table obscurity! And defeated Benchmark - albeit marginally. I'll take that after my abortive DT performance this year.

howardj

International Coach
As one understands, for some unearthly reason, CW's AFL tipping doesn't traditionally include the finals, so that will be yer lot.

Hearty congrats to howard, who's frankly had it sewn up for weeks but that in no way lessens the achievement. Truly a god amongst mere men. :cool:

The minor medals to tozz and morgie. Thanks to all who rook part and some other **** can run this next year. :p
I've done the double-double (like Usain Bolt)

2011 NRL and AFL and 2011 NRL and AFL

(mind, it helps not having much of a life) :ph34r:

Let the congrats posts flow in from my fellow tippers...

howardj

International Coach
If they make the winner of West Coast v North play the loser of Collingwood v Hawthorn, as the first semi final (which is what it is slated as on AFL website) on Friday 14 September, it will be the biggest farce ever.

5 day turnaround (plus travelling from Perth in the case of the Eagles, or back from Perth in the case of North) versus a 7 day turnaround.