• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What if North can offer him more though? Surely you've got some room considering how young and up-and-coming your list is.

Boak's management contacted North directly. Seems very interested.

Obv. Geelong are favs, but reckon North are a sniff. Especially if they keep playing like this.
We don't have anything to offer Port Adelaide. We won't get rid of McIntosh and we won't trade off any of our young players who are worth anything. No way Port would want to deal with us.

The cats off-field stability should get him over the line. If you were leaving a basket case like Port you would want to go to a club with all the facilities and coahcing staff etc. to take your game to the next level.
What? North Melbourne have just as good facilities as any club in the league. Pretty sure you're talking from 1998.

benchmark00

Re the Healy/CScott exchange On The Couch...

Geez the Scott boys cut up nasty

Very sour, strange blokes
Nah no way. Scott brothers are the most refreshing thing to happen to coaching since ages. I used to hate them as players, used to think they were real ****s, but they're actually really intelligent and always talk in measured ways even when they're passionate.

Healy is just a flog of the highest order and it's remarkable how many times he gets things wrong. He needs to do some research for once.

benchmark00

I don't think North Melbourne can win this weekend. Their outs are so so significant. Grima especially so.

Reckon with a full team we could've given them a real shake this weekend. Should still compete but we're up against it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah no way. Scott brothers are the most refreshing thing to happen to coaching since ages. I used to hate them as players, used to think they were real ****s, but they're actually really intelligent and always talk in measured ways even when they're passionate.

Healy is just a flog of the highest order and it's remarkable how many times he gets things wrong. He needs to do some research for once.
Yup, my only thing is that I'm happier when we are flying under the radar, let footy be the focus down at Geelong. I agree with what Chris has been saying (except the stuff about the WA crowds; I don't have any experience there and there's no way to win that exchange) but I wouldn't mind if he batted away a question or two with a straight bat.

Criticism of the two is hilarious, they express better than what any journo or fan can about the problems with the game, but then fans and journos accuse them of being whingers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think North Melbourne can win this weekend. Their outs are so so significant. Grima especially so.

Reckon with a full team we could've given them a real shake this weekend. Should still compete but we're up against it.
No one cares.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
but then fans and journos accuse them of being whingers.
Yeah they really do cop a bit don't they?

I think Brad sometimes comes across a little bit more pissed off than Chris (until recently). They're both measured but Chris is generally more diplomatic (see after Geelong vs. Freo start of the year for e.g.) whereas Brad (who I also love) says it more as it is, and perhaps cops it a little bit more (again, until recently when Chris has let loose).

Agree that they have been amazing for the AFL.

They were ****s on the field though, no doubt about it.

Last edited:

benchmark00

They only cop it from big footy flogs though.

Judging by jono's posting style, he's no doubt prolific on there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also Tigers can still make finals. Just need 5 results to go our way and we win our last 3 games.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
We don't have anything to offer Port Adelaide. We won't get rid of McIntosh and we won't trade off any of our young players who are worth anything. No way Port would want to deal with us.
Yeah, most of the guys who Port would want/you'd possibly give away are playing in the same part of the ground anyway. At most, maybe Tarrant or Hansen you'd let go for Boak, with Pedersen replacing them in the starting team, but I wouldn't touch that at all if I were North.

To put McIntosh into perspective, the club only has three ruckmen options throughout their whole list, four including Majak as a rookie. They ain't getting rid of him.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Also, in the following...

Talking trades - AFL.com.au

PORT ADELAIDE

Fantasy trade: Travis Boak and Steven Salopek to Geelong for George Horlin-Smith and Josh Hunt. Although his career at the Power is likely over, Salopek still uses the ball well. His pace isn't what it used to be, but he could offer something in a good side. There's no doubt losing Boak would hurt the club psychologically, but Horlin-Smith (an Adelaide local) is a true competitor, is a good size (186cm) and will develop. Hunt is coming to the end of his career, but is a hardened leader who would command respect at Alberton.
-Harry Thring
Wow, if I were a Port Adelaide fan and they did that with Geelong, I'd burn down Alberton. Harry Thring's high. He also suggested a straight swap of Kurt Tippett for Sam Day, more reasonably by about 0.05%.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well if you include the Dish in that, five.
Yeah, fair, but was more referring to guys who you'd want to play as pure ruckmen, not as Leigh Brown/Petrie/Dawes types. I'd assume that if McIntosh and Goldstein were both unavailable, you'd do everything possible to keep Petrie in the forward half for 60%+ of games.

Are they grooming Majak for that swingman role still, or pure ruck/key position?

Last edited:

benchmark00

Yeah, fair, but was more referring to guys who you'd want to play as pure ruckmen, not as Leigh Brown/Petrie/Dawes types. I'd assume that if McIntosh and Goldstein were both unavailable, you'd do everything possible to keep Petrie in the forward half for 60%+ of games.

Are they grooming Majak for that swingman role still, or pure ruck/key position?
They definitely see him as someone who should be able to play up forward as well as ruck, however I really don't see how he's going to get any opportunities, ever.

benchmark00

It's really mind boggling. He's massive, quick and can jump as high as Nic Nat. Now I can't say I've seen him play a single game this year so I really can't respond with first hand accounts, but I think he's just dumb. Doesn't know the spots to go and isn't as hard as he needs to be. That's just going off reports.

He'd definitely get a go at another club where their ruckman isn't a young guy who is also one of the better performed players in the league.