• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember the channel 7 coverage in the 90's where they used to flash up every interchange that would take place? Imagine if they did that now.

Spikey

It's copping a hiding tonight.

They're a disgrace tonight. Spikey must be very proud.
It's pretty hard to get too upset. It's a **** team that's out there. If Ryder, Hurley, Crameri and zaka were out there and we put this up I'd be upset. As it is, we're playing 3 small forwards

Burgey

It's pretty hard to get too upset. It's a **** team that's out there. If Ryder, Hurley, Crameri and zaka were out there and we put this up I'd be upset. As it is, we're playing 3 small forwards
Sure, but your midfield and defense is doing a good example of a lollipop lady on a kids crossing, waving the Hawthorn blokes through. Have a crack ffs.

benchmark00

Reckon there's a real trend coming back into the game with the chicken wing. Rioli does it at least 5 times a game, and it's a legal tackle really so there's nothing the umpire can do about it. He comes in when the player is held and grabs their arm and tries to bring them to ground.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thoughts on Gunston? Does he have it in him to be an effective #1 forward option on a weekly basis? (now, and further down the track)

Also, great to see Hodge back, wag.

benchmark00

Thoughts on Gunston? Does he have it in him to be an effective #1 forward option on a weekly basis? (now, and further down the track)

Also, great to see Hodge back, wag.
They've got a bloke called Lance Franklin who sometimes plays. Not sure Gunston can be better than him itbt.

Spikey

Sure, but your midfield and defense is doing a good example of a lollipop lady on a kids crossing, waving the Hawthorn blokes through. Have a crack ffs.
heart and all that is fine. It always annoys me when people pin a bad performance on heart or not having a crack. Such a cop out. The reality is we're up against one of the more experienced teams in the comp, and we've got a debutee, two 3rd gamers and two players making their way back after 18 months back. It's a team that isn't good, strong or experienced enough. That doesn't excuse them for some of the stupid **** they've done (Hardingham in particular) or the coaches for some the dumb stuff they did (in Dell'Olio and Melksham they're playing two players who shouldn't be playing.) but I'm not gonna get too angry at Alex Browne for not doing much.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Not now, needs to be a lot bigger through the body. He's definitely got a lot about him, though, think he'll be a very handy third tall for a few years.

EDIT: regarding Gunston. We are talking about this bloke, right?

Spikey

apart from melksham, the only player i'm mad at is monfries for ruining Birchall's DT score

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
apart from melksham, the only player i'm mad at is monfries for ruining Birchall's DT score
What's the story with Melksham? Essendon mate of mine has been all over him for ages, and it seems like he's not alone. Every time I watch him, I understand their frustration.

What is it that he does that the coaches like?!

Spikey

What's the story with Melksham? Essendon mate of mine has been all over him for ages, and it seems like he's not alone. Every time I watch him, I understand their frustration.

What is it that he does that the coaches like?!
He's talented. He's very talented. I mean, that 30 odd touch game against Geelong was exciting as ****. But he has an enormous gap between good and bad, as often see with his kicking, and I'm over it for now. He's only still in the team because Browne, Kavanagh etc aren't really ready. The most 'ready' midfielder we have is a rookie who we can't promote (because all our injures are 4-5 weeks...) which helps Melksham. But I'd pull the pin anyway. Prismall is returning for Bendigo, he'll probably take Melksham's spot in a couple of weeks time

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scotty T what a legend. Takes out Stevie J in the first 3 seconds of the match, helping my Dream Team as my opponent has to cop a 1 point game for Stevie J.

Best bloke.