• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** I can't remember what we called the one against the wall where you had to catch it and if you were the closest to where it bounced you had to bounce it into the wall... if you got caught you were out.

benchmark00

The tribunal, from what I remember, do have the ability to adjust sentences, but they seem to have shown no intent to do so at least all of this season. It's simply been people trying to shift classifications from reckless to negligent, etc.

Personally, I think the bad record/good record stuff has far too much impact. If you have a bad record, you already have an increased chance of punishment because you probably have carry over points. The discount for a good record should decrease the worse the offence is deemed to have been.

Ziebell would have gotten three, without his bad record, is that correct?
Are you talking about the MRP or the tribunal? They're two different things. You seem to have them confused.

The MRP offered him 3. The tribunal can choose to take into account the loading for a bad record or they can choose not to.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Are you talking about the MRP or the tribunal? They're two different things. You seem to have them confused.

The MRP offered him 3. The tribunal can choose to take into account the loading for a bad record or they can choose not to.
Yes, and I'm saying that this year, the tribunal has in the main shown little intent to do that; they've usually based their decisions on reclassifying parts of the MRP decision, a la Merrett last night.

benchmark00

Yes, and I'm saying that this year, the tribunal has in the main shown little intent to do that; they've usually based their decisions on reclassifying parts of the MRP decision, a la Merrett last night.
They readjust the mens rea element, if you will, because that's a way of defining the seriousness of the action.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes, that's what I call the game as well. I'm correcting Jono, downball is when you are playing against a big wall with heaps of people, not limited to four players.
Not in my schools.

Handball/Downball wasn't limited to 4 squares by the way. 8 square was ****in fun.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
I'm with Mark 'Troy' Maclure, Ziebell was reckless in his attempt to win the ball but the suspension was too long as a result of the inherent flaws in the points system.

The Caracella principle brought about a precedent to add a duty of care element to the method by which the man attacking is able to perform such a task. Getting there first no longer absolves one of culpability. The current decision is an extension of this.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, great press conference.

Saw one of the journos from the AFL website called it the press conference of the year. Going to laugh if he gets a fine (not that I'm sure he deserves one) after that.

howardj

International Coach
She's a mouth watering weekend

All top eight teams playing each other, and a Q Clash thrown in there to boot

Highlight for me is Sunday afternoon Roos v Tigers

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah they didn't want to put too much pressure on him. Last season was his first injury free season. People were saying the same thin regarding Foley but then he was ****ed over with injuries for two seasons. They wanted to make sure Cotchin had two full seasons playing consistently at the highest level so I'm sure he'll get the captaincy next season.

Second in the coaches award FYI. Wafg. Disgrace that he was on the bench in the last two minutes vs Gold coast.