• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgey only recently started supporting Sydney?
Nah, followed them since pretty much they came up here, so I've seen the bad times. I wouldn't watch Folau play league - he's over rated enough at that, let alone Aussie Rules.

But yeah, in the fair dinkum department, do hope Cousins pulls through this ok.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, followed them since pretty much they came up here, so I've seen the bad times. I wouldn't watch Folau play league - he's over rated enough at that, let alone Aussie Rules.

Don't you just love how every time he jumps and comes close to the ball now we hear during the commentary/in news reports about how "Falou justified his switch to AFL" or some such rubbish.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Thought so.
Never too early to jump off the Swans itbt
Haha, funny as that is, I think being a Swans fan would be good. Very rarely do they pull a Port and just embarrass fans with ****house performances when they can't be bothered trying.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year

I've already had a gutful of people who think they're being clever and discerning by saying 'Sleeping pill? Yeah right."

If there actually was a hint of him having reverted to type, even just the smallest chance, the media would be clamouring to crucify him already.

pasag

RTDAS
Thought so.

Haha, funny as that is, I think being a Swans fan would be good. Very rarely do they pull a Port and just embarrass fans with ****house performances when they can't be bothered trying.
Yeah they've had some real heroes over the years that would be great to be fans of - Paul Kelly, Kirk etc. Bat**** boring to watch though unless it's the 96 prelim.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was at the 05 GF. Loved it.

06 GF pretty good too.

But yeah, obviously at times can be brutal to watch.

Burgey

Don't you just love how every time he jumps and comes close to the ball now we hear during the commentary/in news reports about how "Falou justified his switch to AFL" or some such rubbish.
Yeah horrendous.

And what Jono says about the Swans is pretty much right. They rarely give up (can't say ever, after they were 33 in front yesterday). There seems to be a great work ethic at the joint. Actually think they're better watching on TV than live - all that in-an-under stuff is not pretty, but on TV you can at least appreciate the endeavour that comes with it. Harder to appreciate when you're there I think.

And Roos' blow ups are all the better for being less frequent than most others.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Paul Roos... what a legend.

Loved when he shoved it up Demetriou by winning the 05 premiership after his dickhead comments.

benchmark00

Sydney Swans are the most dispicable sporting team in the history of man kind. If only people in Melbourne had to put up with the **** I have to up here. Bunch of ****s. And we're going to smoke them this weekend and I will personally let every single one of their 'fans' know about it.

Onto a lighter note:

Benchmark00 presents another classic moment in AFL history.

YouTube - Carlton Blues - Stephen Kernahan sings 'Stand By Your Man'

benchmark00

You're referring to their fans I'm sure.
Or maybe the fact that their games are absolutely bat **** boring?

Don't see how anyone could actually like watching them play. Sure you can like one of their players and the personality of their coach, but at the end of the day they're dragging the spectacle of Australian rules football down. Absolute disgrace.

And don't get me started on the ******** media...

howardj

International Coach
I've already had a gutful of people who think they're being clever and discerning by saying 'Sleeping pill? Yeah right."

If there actually was a hint of him having reverted to type, even just the smallest chance, the media would be clamouring to crucify him already.
Agreed.

That said, you do have to wonder about the wisdom of prescribing sleeping tablets to a former drug addict. Alcohol and sleeping tablets can make you feel incredible but can be a combustible ****tail by the same token.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Or maybe the fact that their games are absolutely bat **** boring?

Don't see how anyone could actually like watching them play. Sure you can like one of their players and the personality of their coach, but at the end of the day they're dragging the spectacle of Australian rules football down. Absolute disgrace.

And don't get me started on the ******** media...
Essendon vs Sydney best game of the year so far