• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For someone who is supposed to be the experience backmen in the Suns side, Warnock makes an awful lot of stupid mistakes. Been woeful for them so far this season

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Had nothing left after we came back from 7 goals down to hit the lead. Disappointing.

Was at the game as I always am for Dreamtime. Great atmosphere.

howardj

International Coach
Just ordered some pizzas, grabbing some Vodka, to kick back and watch a superb afternoon of footy

Lions
Juddy
Eagles

What an afternoon

howardj

International Coach
The worst thing about this drubbing is that it will only encourage Meathead Voss to continue to play Merrett forward

You build a team on defence, and Voss pops our All-Aus defender in the forward line

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Crows looking more and more like the real deal.

Strange season really. It seems to go according to the book in many ways, but equally seems really open. Hawks & Pies are probably still the most likely to, but WCE are right up there too. Adelaide are holding their hands up now, Sydney and the Bombers have too in recent rounds, Carlton will be top 8 but look to be doing their "flattering to deceive" thing and I'm not writing the Cats off yet either.

Saints, Freo and North all have finals ambitions as well but don't see a GF winner there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round Eight Tipping Update

Back to easy street on the tipping front. Only real difference of opinion was on Collingwood/Geelong where Benchy and Johnners fancied the Cats & Norway CBA.

Elsewhere Spikey's "Home team + Bombers + Team playing GWS" formula pays dividends as he's the only one to call the Port win and one of our number correctly took the Crows to win at Docklands. :cool:

Weekly

Brumby 8
Spikey 8
Jono 7
skd 7
morgie 7
howard 7
altoz 7
HDS 7
Benchy 6
Vimes 6
Johnners 6

Weekly .01s to Spikey and me then. I move back above the Bench and level with morgie in a share of third & Heef pulls clear of Johnners into outright eighth.

Overall

1) skd 57.05
2) howard 57.04
=3) morgie 53.02
=3) Brumby 53.02
5) Benchy 51.02
6) altoz 51.01
7) Jono 50.01
8) HDS 48
9) Johnners 47
10) Vimes 46.02
11) Spikey 43.02

Fixtures for Round Nine:

Western Bulldogs vs. Geelong (Docklands)
Richmond vs. Hawthorn (MCG)
Gold Coast vs. Port Adelaide (Carrara)
St Kilda vs. Sydney (Docklands)
Adelaide vs. Collingwood (Football Park)
Greater Western Sydney vs. Essendon (Sydney Showground)
North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions (Docklands)
Carlton vs. Melbourne (MCG)
West Coast vs. Fremantle (Subiaco)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Saints, Freo and North all have finals ambitions as well but don't see a GF winner there.
North aren't making finals unless something dramatically turns around. Can't believe they've blown it in a season with an amazing draw and that win over the Cats which was a great bonus. Not sure what's going on at Arden Street

Not even poking fun at Benchy here either because I know exactly how it feels when your side has the talent to win games but is just not performing for one reason or another and losing games to sides below it. It's ****ing frustrating.

Meanwhile stand by my comment that Blues are bigger pretenders than Sydney. Can't believe them over the last two weeks.

EDIT: P.s, Schulz wafc. Does this **** at Port when he was fairly duddish for us, so frustrating.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Serious question here folks. Why does the afl award 4 points for a victory and 2 for a draw? Is there ever a way a team could finish on an odd number of points?