• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Chad Cornes v Jared Brennan

That's the difference between the sides. Overlooking age stuff, you've got Cornes, big body, very smart, knows where to go and when to hit, and then you've got Brennan, freakishly talented but....
Have to question their approach last year. GWS have been implementing defensive structures from the start, and there's no doubt it's paying off to a certain extent.

GC's attitude of "letting the boys play footy" just too laissez faire for my liking, over a whole year. Obviously to some extent a simplification, but I think we all saw with Knights at Essendon, you have to give your players an understanding of how to defend first.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the whole Knights thing is why I'm a bit tougher on GC than most. But Melbourne/Bailey is perhaps a good comparison too. Lots of skinny, highly skilled guys and all that, but where are the hard ****s like Townsend?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GC haven't been playing that badly the last few weeks, would probably look very different right now if they'd beaten Freo last week. There's no doubt GWS have the better plans in place, better recruiting and are developing way faster though, and GC keep losing their winnable games.

The anti-Queenslander in me is pleased. GWS surely have the ugliest uniform in Australian professional sport though, makes them hard to support.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
GC haven't been playing that badly the last few weeks, would probably look very different right now if they'd beaten Freo last week. There's no doubt GWS have the better plans in place, better recruiting and are developing way faster though, and GC keep losing their winnable games.

The anti-Queenslander in me is pleased. GWS surely have the ugliest uniform in Australian professional sport though, makes them hard to support.
It's interesting how Port and Freo have gone back towards traditional-style jumpers in recent times. Wonder if we'll see something like that from GWS at some stage? Maybe even GC?

Burgey

Terrible quarter from Sydney. Great effort from Richmond.

How feral are their supporters though?

Burgey

Is there any reason why some umpires can't bounce the ball? There was a bloke in the Swans-Adelaide match last week who had to re-bounce it half a dozen times. Was woeful.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"Richmond would have beat Geelong had Jake King been playing that game" - Gerard Healy.

Benchy agrees if I remember correctly.

Spikey

Is there any reason why some umpires can't bounce the ball? There was a bloke in the Swans-Adelaide match last week who had to re-bounce it half a dozen times. Was woeful.
Well it's fairly tricky, but in this case it's probably just an, uh, case of having the yips. You don't get to the AFL umps list if you consistently stuff it up

Spikey

Mark Seaby just kicked the worst goal ever

Strangely that interchange infringement was actually deserving of a 50m pen

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shaun Grigg and the People's Mullet Ivan Maric have been a revelation. Amazing.

So proud of the boys.

What a great day for New South Wales. GWS win and Sydney lose :cool:

Spikey

the amount of hype over him in the pre-season was a bit strange. i mean, he's a great mark, but so is Liam Jones. Still won't criticise him too much. He's playing with injury right now, and the alternative is Jesse White...