• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

BoyBrumby

Englishman
EDIT: your loyalties with the Giants or the Swannies, Burgster? Any people that you know who've swapped over? Obv. everyone prefers their league, but, yeah.
Would doubt the moral fibre of anyone who switched, tbh.

Always the prob I have with "franchises": where does the support come from? Obviously can see the nippers getting in on the ground floor, but generally kids latch onto success and, GWS being v much a work in progress, that isn't likely to happen for a good few seasons.

As for everyone else, pretty much everyone with a passing interest would've pledged their troth by now and, whilst casual fans might pay a bit of interest initially, my guess it'll wane with each arse-wupping.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is it pissing down rain in Perth? Incredible scoreline
Nah only drizzled a bit at the start of the match. Low scoreline was due to defensive tactics from both coaches early on, extreme pressure around the ball (players had very little time), and importantly, some horrible goal kicking.

Kennedy and Buddy could not kick straight at all.

It was actually not a bad game to watch at all, and that last quarter was amazing.

Cyril :wub:

howardj

International Coach
Nah only drizzled a bit at the start of the match. Low scoreline was due to defensive tactics from both coaches early on, extreme pressure around the ball (players had very little time), and importantly, some horrible goal kicking.

Kennedy and Buddy could not kick straight at all.

It was actually not a bad game to watch at all, and that last quarter was amazing.

Cyril :wub:
Great to see the Lions back in the winner's circle.

And the Eagles - they're up for the title fight

Jono Brown and Daniel Kerr :wub:

howardj

International Coach
And I wish the commentators would acknowledge how young the Lions list is.

Especially last night, against the Gold Coast when all they did was crap on about how youthful the GC are

Lions have the 2nd youngest list in the competition, only GWS is younger

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was a nice i/v he did at half time with McVeigh.

Interesting to see if the Swans can avoid their third quarter malaise this week.

**** you Reid. That was ****.

Last edited:

Burgey

Swans been great this arvo so far. No Goodes, lost Rowan (I think) early, and up by 41 with six to play third quarter.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't really believe that though itbt. Good finals against Carlton and Hawthorn by Sydney in recent years.

Burgey

Commentators are hilarious. Yapping this up when its a five goal game with 9 minutes to go. Fmd.

Also, with Goodes out I think its been very sporting of Harvey to do **** all too.

Wish Murphy was here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great example as to why Watts cops a bucketload of ****.

Drops a mark he should take in the defensive 50 as a spare man and costs his team a crucial goal.

howardj

International Coach
****, the Swans have been up longer than a honeymooner's you know what

Good point that Bruce made - the top teams this year are not as dominant as Collingwood, Geelong etc have been in the past couple of years. Therefore, the Premiership door is ajar for teams such as Sydney, West Coast, Essendon etc.