• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol McIntosh.

Essendon on the receiving end of so many after-the-siren misses in the last 2 years. Riewoldt, Goodes and now McIntosh.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
slight chance both davey bros have played their last games. although i expect alwyn to fluke a game later in the season and aaron to get one or two more chances. plus aaron might fluke a spot somewhere else next season

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Aaron Davey and Brad Green are two of the worst senior leaders (yes I understand they're no longer in the leadership group) you can find in a football team.

Just downhill skiers.

Melbourne got a lot of **** for having to make Grimes and Trengove captain, but there weren't too many other options. Sylvia and Moloney too volatile in their off-field stuff. Maybe Frawley or Rivers was a shot.

If only they didn't **** over James McDonald.

Spikey

Yeah I had no problem with Grimes and Trengove. They have nothing over 25 bar what Jamar

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think it goes to show how bad the list management has been there over the past four to five years. Moving guys on because "they won't play in our next premiership" has proven to be the wrong way of going about things. You need people who will set the standards of the club there, and they've been pushed out.

Spikey

tbf apart from mcdonald most of the people over 25 were **** anyway. more goes to show how limited a club can be when the draft is really the only way to add new players to the list. hopefully free agency and increased trading will allow rebuilding clubs to get in older players

benchmark00

Aaron Davey and Brad Green are two of the worst senior leaders (yes I understand they're no longer in the leadership group) you can find in a football team.

Just downhill skiers.

Melbourne got a lot of **** for having to make Grimes and Trengove captain, but there weren't too many other options. Sylvia and Moloney too volatile in their off-field stuff. Maybe Frawley or Rivers was a shot.

If only they didn't **** over James McDonald.
Have been saying it for years now: Jones is their best.

The decision to appoint Green as captain would have to be one of the worst in history. No part of him screams leader to me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Is Ballantyne a **** by repute? Comms were pretty much suggesting it was his fault for being chinned. "That's what Ballantyne does"

Reckon he might've gone down a wee bit easily myself; wasn't so sparko as to not be able to take the free kick.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Is Ballantyne a **** by repute? Comms were pretty much suggesting it was his fault for being chinned. "That's what Ballantyne does"

Reckon he might've gone down a wee bit easily myself; wasn't so sparko as to not be able to take the free kick.
Yeah, basically spends his whole time trying to antagonise and get under his opponents' collective skins. Every time someone makes any sort of contact, he goes to ground. Works for him, and works for Fremantle.