• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

howardj

International Coach
Bit disappointed with the lead commentators on Fox

Anthony Hudson is Ok, but Matty Campbell and Dwayne Russell?

Would much rather Michael Christian and Tim Lane

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hudson, Christian and Lane are all bell ends imo. Also Walls.

Always funny to add up how many times Dwayne Russell says "gives it some shoe!" in the call.

You're forgetting Eddie as a commentator btw.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Oh, you're kidding. Christian is awful and Lane's got sucked into the cult of his own personality. Sees himself as half Martin Flanagan, half Bruce McAvaney.

Spikey

Like Hudson and Lane. Hated Christian. Dermott is a solid addition. Over the moon Lloyd didn't get a gig. Don't really like what I've heard from Ricciuto, Johnson or Roos from last sseason's additions btw

benchmark00

Really enjoying Channel 7's line up.

Also, Dermott is ****ing annoying to listen to in special comments. I'm all for analysing the game, but he attempts to over complicate the very simple parts of football. ****ing horrible.

Wish Wayne Carey would have another crack at football on television. Was a great special comments man. And was good on Footy Classified imo.

Spikey

Brereton and Hudson will join Eddie McGuire, Jason Dunstall, Gerard Healy, Brad Johnson, Dwayne Russell, Tony Shaw, Liam Pickering, David King, Danny Frawley, along with a depth of talent that extends beyond the borders to include all-time greats of the game Paul Roos, Alastair Lynch, Mark Ricciuto, and Glen Jakovich.

you know, upon seeing all the names put out in front of me.....too many all time greats....

Spikey

Brereton - don't mind
Hudson - like
Eddie McGuire - like, as long as he doesn't try to strike up banter with the other commentators
Jason Dunstall - annoys me a bit
Gerard Healy - don't mind
Brad Johnson - stop smiling you dick
Dwayne Russell - Comic relief
Tony Shaw - argh
Liam Pickering - meh
David King - meh
Danny Frawley don't mind

Paul Roos, Alastair Lynch, Mark Ricciuto, and Glen Jakovich - all ****ty

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Robbo on 360 having a go at Maher was :laugh: Gerard Whateley's reaction when Robbo repeatedly called Maher a wanker was gold.

Does Robbo still do stints on SEN? If so, him and Maher could have a run-in.

I know, as has been said here, Maher does the soccer shot on Fox but that's a bit different.