• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Taking things too literally. Had he not gone in for his shoulder operation, i.e. had the Roos beat St Kilda and still been able to make finals, there is every chance Wells would have played when he should not have.

Fact is the word 'fatal' has been used by Brad Scott and Wells himself.

Scott made no bones about it, saying Wells could have died on the field had it not been discovered.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So dramatic. If I had crossed the road 30 seconds earlier yesterday I would have been hit by a truck and DIED.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I guess you are right, its not like you blokes were every going to beat St Kilda anyway so its a moot point :ph34r:

Spikey

Thoughts on the All-Australian team?

It disappoints me that once again midfielders who couldn't squeeze into the midfield spots have been put on the half-forward flanks again.

***** selectors. Choose an actual team with actual real positions.
don't mind swan on the HFF. Murphy is bad though.like ablett as captain. scarlett lucky. boyd lucky. petrie lucky over goldstein etc

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Goldy instead of Petrie was probably the better choice, but its not that big a sin. I guess they've chosen a pinch hitting ruckman in Petrie, with Cox to do most of the work.

Gibson and Scotland stiff?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh look at that, Goodes runs into an open goal as a result of O'Keefe's work.

ADAM GOODES YOU STARRRRR!!!!!!!!1111
It was so funny you made fun of this specific goal by Goodes vs. St Kilda, since it was this piece of play which was highlighted on Footy Classified praising Goodes. It showed the start of the play on the half-back line, where Sydney got the ball, and you could see Goodes gut run all the way from the half back line to the forward line where he received the ball from O'Keefe and then kicked the goal. Received massive praise for his engine at the age of 30 and with now 300 games behind him.

Showed why he's an All-Australian :cool:

howardj

International Coach
Gerard Wheatley totally over the top on Lyon's move to Fremantle. This guy sits back and analyses everything dispassionately to within an inch of its life. What he doesn't acknowledge is that Lyon gave his all to the Saints for five years and, at the end of that period, was looking for a bit of security. Instead, the Saints drag negotitions out from March all the way through to September. At the end of that period, Fremantle calls and offers an essentially out-of-contract Lyon (a career coach) the deal of a lifetime. Of course he's going to feel pissed off with the Saints, and jump at Freo's offer - security, more money, better facilities, a better list etc.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whateley (not Wheatley :p) never criticised Ross Lyon for going. He criticised Ross Lyon for instructing his management team to sort out a deal with the Saints, only for him to then sort out his own deal with Freo by himself.

His point is, if he had an issue with the conflict of interest his management had, he could have chosen another path to overcome that. He most certainly didn't need to fox St Kilda into thinking they had Ross Lyon for a few more years.

benchmark00

I haven't read Whateley's comments, but there's an unspoken rule among coaches that you don't go after somebody else's job.

I know it's more than likely that Freo approached Lyon, but how the deal was done just stinks. Effectively they've gone behind Harvey's back and blindsided him.

Burgey

Thoughts on the All-Australian team?

It disappoints me that once again midfielders who couldn't squeeze into the midfield spots have been put on the half-forward flanks again.

***** selectors. Choose an actual team with actual real positions.
don't mind swan on the HFF. Murphy is bad though.like ablett as captain. scarlett lucky. boyd lucky. petrie lucky over goldstein etc
No idea why they've gone for the traditional 4 man interchange then not picked a genuine ruckman on there.
Yeah Goldy instead of Petrie was probably the better choice, but its not that big a sin. I guess they've chosen a pinch hitting ruckman in Petrie, with Cox to do most of the work.

Gibson and Scotland stiff?
Yep, these things can genuinely hurt the side when they play against........

Attachments

Last edited: