• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
See I reckon Collingwood would have wanted him out. Not in a mean way, but clubs are pretty ruthless and protective over their IP.

I remember Clarkson refusing to let Hardwick use his Hawthorn laptop for the Essendon senior coach interview, which resulted in that famous story of his poor presentation.
There was always a story that when John Mitchell left the Force, they refused to give back his personal laptop.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was such an awesome game.

Correct call not to give Walker the free in the dying minutes also imo. Don't reckon it was holding the man.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thought they were both holding but only saw once. Lynch holding the ball the bigger 'miss'....but Carlton got their bit of luck with that bounce to Garlett.

howardj

International Coach
What a great game.

Cats warm favourites next week, should be an awesome game though.

Plus, Hawks v Pies will be great.

Thrilling denouement.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You're probably right, but I don't know what he would find out in the next couple of weeks that he didn't already know, and if his absence in any way hurts their prospects of winning the flag then there is also a sensible argument for him staying on.

At any rate I thought he spoke like a waffling dingbat in his press conference, but if he's so highly rated he probably won't be that bad.

Anyway I'm pumped for tonight. First day off in about two weeks, beer in the fridge, footy on the tv. Oh baby.
They did the same thing with Brad Scott, for the record, Malthouse saying that they can't seriously have their mind on the job, as well as protecting their own information as much as possible. As he put it, you're coaching with the Melbourne coach in your box.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It's amazing how rare it is to see something happen like Lyon to Freo without anything coming out about it beforehand. I'm sure it's also no coincidence that there was no sign of a leak, when there was also no management company involved...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Carlton supporters at their best, claiming that rumours are around that the umpires last night were paid off.

No doubt Pasag doing the same. :ph34r:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
The umpiring was so bad. Razor Ray has cost himself a spot in the granny surely.

The officiating hardly favoured West Coast though. The media and Carlton fans have just put the spotlight on one decision that happened right near the end.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You fought back well but no dice.

Incredible how well Buddy pulled up this week. Unbelievable really. The guy genuinely is a freak of nature.
He certainly is.

Strikes me as a proper ****, but the bloke can play.

Swans did that so often this year - extended periods of games not scoring a goal, then pile a few on.

New some fresh blood in the midfield imo. Bolton starting to get a bit old, everything seems as though it has to go through Goodes. Dunno what they'll do down back next year with Keneally gone. He's been a fine player for us down the years.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thoughts on the All-Australian team?

It disappoints me that once again midfielders who couldn't squeeze into the midfield spots have been put on the half-forward flanks again.

***** selectors. Choose an actual team with actual real positions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kangaroos star Daniel Wells is set to miss the bulk of the pre-season | Herald Sun

somewhat oddly for a news ltd article it's not very sensationalized, but hey he could have died
so uh daniel wells almost died
Exaggeration, but not good. Horrible from a health point of view but also from a football point of view having to miss the Utah camp.

Also, don't support Geelong or Hawthorn ftr.
Based on what Brad Scott said on AFL Insider, it wasn't an exaggeration. They feared for his life, and Brad Scott reckons if it was not discovered Daniel Wells could have (though unlikely) died on the field whilst playing.

Apparently he can't have any physical contact for 6 months.
Wells confirms spikey wasn't exaggerating at all. It was that serious.

"The way (the clots were) building up in my lungs, they were blocking off some of the main arteries," Wells said.

"(My doctor) said it could have got a lot worse and a bit of the lungs have actually died from what happened. So if we'd kept it a bit longer … the doctors were saying it was going to be fatal.

"But it's hard for me to say … it was going to be fatal. Because I feel so good now, but the doctors got really worried if we'd played another game.

"Imagine if we'd beat St Kilda and played again. Who knows what could have happened?"

Almost fatal - AFL.com.au

In the end very lucky he didn't play vs. Richmond in round 24.