• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Redbacks

International Captain
Hasn't he played as a forward for the majority of the season though?

Goodes has always been hard to tag. It helps that Sydney have had good ruckman as he has made a career at hitting the ball up contests at full speed bursting clear. He's also a very effective user of the ball. Judd/Ablett are a bit sloppy but they are mostly under extreme pressure, Goodes uses the ball far better thus can do equal damage with fewer touches.

The Brownlow is flawed as we know. D Swan was epic and consistent the previous 2 seasons but doesn't rate with umps.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But so has everything really. Hird's made two big **** ups this season - Playing Pears against Carlton in R17 when he had a broken leg and he was out of the game by half time, and playing Pears against Carlton when he had a broken leg

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I think we've all learnt in the last two years that where there's smoke, there's fire. Not just with the GWS signings but with a good portion of trade rumours, such as Mitch Clarke.

Some people were probably convinced of Scully going for ages now but what did it for me was the reports of him inspecting the facilities in Blacktown. I think it would be pretty awkward going back to your teammates after that.

I'm actually a little bit disappointed for Melbourne losing Scully. To have a number 1 draft pick leave you within two years would be a massive blow.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Those picks should have been protected from the new clubs afaic. They're already hoarding all the picks from the poor teams currently in the league (of which the Demons are still a part of) and now they're allowed to poach the top picks we took just prior to them hoarding all the picks? Imagine if they signed NicNat or something? It's ridiculously unfair and genuinely affects my interest in the game. I won't stop watching or caring, but now knowing our future is being further mortgaged by these new teams coming in and taking our opportunities to rebuild properly, my interest is fading fast. Oh well.

Redbacks

International Captain
It's BS because Melbourne, like all the established clubs, have no chance of competing for wages if one of the new boys want a player. $5 million deal for Skully is just ridiculous.

howardj

International Coach
Bloody hell, $6 million on a guy who's played 30 games, and has a dodgy, degenerative knee. Would have been better to go after Pendlebury or Thomas in my opinion. I know these guys would have been contacted, but I mean really go after them by offering them Ablett-like money.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Press conference on now.

CEO saying things are fair and equitable and better this way compared to the way Brisbane Bears were introduced all those years back.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
6 year deal. Holy ****!

Scully will be ****ing wrapped. Played his role perfectly.

Feel for Dees fans. I'd have been absolutely shattered if Martin was taken.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
imagine if GWS started going after kids without huge injury woes....look forward to the ensuring ****fight over hurley all next season

Brisbane will gain from Clark being traded provided Freo don't use the PSD card. Depending on compo the Dees could gain too. You don't like hearing about a 20yo with a dodgy knee.

Last edited: