• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah because that's all you've said about Hawthorn and Geelong.

Also the fact Geelong are the only team to beat Collingwood also irrelevant yeah?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well in finals, yes it is.

I've said Hawthorn and Geelong match up well against each other. I've said it's the best rivalry in football. Last night was the worst game between the two since before the 2008 grand final.

Hawthorn are tailor made to beat a team like Collingwood. Don't care what happens before that. Don't even go for Hawthorn so your posting is poor.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also, watch this week's On The Couch to hear some things about Adam Goodes as well Benchy. :cool:

Last edited:

Spikey

5 seconds after reading the above post A. Goodes (3 votes/2011 Brownlow medal) kicked a goal

benchmark00

This is what annoys me about Goodes though... and I guess it isn't his fault as such.

People like you/umpires see him get kicks and run around with the ball and think he's a gun... But he just hugs the outside of packs. As I've said before, I could train a chimp to do that at AFL level when you have much better players getting the ball out to you.

Spikey

...so? Isn't that what Harvey does? And given his mixture of pace, strength and foot skills I can't think of a better player to have on the outside of a pack. Sydney have got Bolton, Kennedy, Jack etc to be in the pack. He's not needed there.

But as Lloyd pointed out as soon as Goodes got moved up forward Sydney started getting on top of the scoreboard.

Last edited:

benchmark00

...so? Isn't that what Harvey does? And given his mixture of pace, strength and foot skills I can't think of a better player to have on the outside of a pack. Sydney have got Bolton, Kennedy, Jack etc to be in the pack. He's not needed there.

But as Lloyd pointed out as soon as Goodes got moved up forward Sydney started getting on top of the scoreboard.
Ummm, no Harvey doesn't do that, but then I guess you'd only see him play once, max twice, a year. And Harvey hasn't won two Brownlow medals has he?

I'm not saying he should be an inside player, but he's just not as good as you and others make out.

As we speak an actually good Sydney player kicks a goal. Won't see O'Keefe win a brownlow though because he does hard work.

benchmark00

Oh look at that, Goodes runs into an open goal as a result of O'Keefe's work.

ADAM GOODES YOU STARRRRR!!!!!!!!1111

Spikey

O'Keefe's kicking from doing said hard work has basically undone the hard work this year. He's been great at getting the ball yeah but most of the time he's just been kicking it to a 30/70. Much prefer him outside of clearance situations. Still a damn good mark too.

Spikey

Nah poor handball

btw welcome to 2011 football, the quickest guys get cheap goals out the back