• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the way we were playing during that part of our season we wouldn't've beaten the NSW U16's

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tips for Rising Star tonight fellas?

I like Heppell (even with my intense hate for Essendon) but I think Shuey has been slightly better this season. Actually had B.O.G performances in wins.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure. Heppell had it sewn up six weeks ago but he probably dropped off while Shuey went from strength to strength. If they were the same age Shuey would walk it in but despite what the guys who vote say, I'm sure they take seasons in the system into account.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Which is annoying. If you're eligible you're eligible. Age and experience should be irrelevant imo.

howardj

International Coach
Heppell has been solid and gets lots of possessions.

I don't think he's had the impact on games though that Shuey has.

Spikey

shuey didn't even have the grace to show up to the event. heppell to win by default.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Looking forward to the day when you don't have to rely on 33 year olds to win football games.
Would make a joke about how you relied on Matthew Richardson to win games but he was ****ing **** anyway. Least our old blokes are good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah you're wrong.

Especially since one of your old blokes was gun recruit Jonathan Hay.

Edit: Actually Hay wasn't that old when you guys got him. 26 or so. Interesting.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No Essendon players made the All-Australian squad of 40.

Find that a bit surprising, yet nevertheless pleasurable.

Spikey

a lot of our top players had an annoying tendency to miss enough games to really prevent them from having a good season but not kill their season. watson missed 5-6 games, hocking 4, hurley the same, hooker was having a gun start and then did his hamstring twice etc. very annoying. hence why heppell is favourite for the B&F (although stanton should be it)