• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

howardj

International Coach
FMD, my Tigers regressed back to 2009 on Saturday. It really was a blowout, not helped by Judd turning on an amazing game. He must be a red hot favourite for his third Brownlow. Amazing athlete.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Haha....

So who's gonna fill those 7th and 8th position people?

I'm tipping Saints and Dogs with Freo and Essendon slipping out.

Does anyone else see Saints making a prelim from that possie?

I rekon with Goddard and Riewoldt hitting some solid form and the emergence of blokes like Peake and Stevens to help out Dal Santo and Montagna in Hayes absence. Mcevoy was terrific yesterday and is starting to fill the position St Kilda has always struggled in very nicely.

Not getting too carried away about Essendon's win Saturday night, whilst it was very exciting with the likes of Melksham, Heppell, Jetta, Crameri, Hurley, Hibberd and Ryder all young talent playing rediculously well. They will have ups and downs and inconsistancies, such as this ccoming weekend i'm actually expecting to lose to the tigers.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loss on the weekend to North Melbourne makes it difficult, but not impossible at all provided they can beat St Kilda in the 'return' leg later in the year. But then you'd have to rely on winning all of the games you'd expect them to win. If they can win them all (need alot of luck re: injuries etc) they could sneak into finals on percentage. If they can knock off one of the more favoured opponents then they'll definitely make it.

benchmark00

And Goldstein pretty much owned McEvoy all over the ground yesterday. Was one of about only three of our players who can say they won their position.

Spikey

haven't looked at the draw and i'm sure there's teams fighting for 7 & 8 who get to play GC again and others who get to play Collingwood instead, so this doesn't mean much, but yeah Freo and Essendon probably slipping out. Sadly Sydney won't drop another game like the Crows match while Essendon will probably lose to Port and the Crows.......North's % is decent but I reckon the Dogs and Saints will slip in. Dogs already look 100% better with a fit Hall & Cooney while I'm pretty sure the Saints have an easy enough next few matches. Which of course leads the question: "is it better for them to miss out?"

Spikey

gee i just looked at the dogs draw and they've got a lot of games against teams between 5 and 13. a lot of...dare I say it...."8 point games!"

Spikey

Don't think you're off it tbh. But if Lake can return - in good shape - for the week after I'm backing you.

Spikey

actually after this week sydney don't have an easy should win match until the last round. There's hope yet! Last thing we need is Carlton, Bulldogs & Sydney all hogging up spots. None of them are actually gonna beat someone who finished above them in a final!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Obviously haven't seen any of the footy. Was the Sydney vs. Adelaide match just absolutely ****house?

Spikey

Obviously haven't seen any of the footy. Was the Sydney vs. Adelaide match just absolutely ****house?
i assume like any every other Sydney vs. Adelaide over the past 8 or so years it was indeed ****