• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Spikey

TAKE THAT MOTHER****ERS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO zzzzz

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm. Geelong will probably come out breathing fire next week but I guess that's much of a muchness. They're vulnerable now.

In other news have drawn up my predictions for the epic battle between myself and Jono. It's Rockliff/Birchall/Gilbert/Smith = 315 points vs. Fisher/Shaw/Mitchell/Swan/Mcevoy = 505 points, leaving me with a 70 point win. I'd like to think I've been generous to Jono and hard on my own guys, giving Jono only his second loss of the season and making me the only person unbeaten in the last 5 weeks. Hopefully. Make it happen Friars.

Spikey

"All well and good but no one doubted that you could beat Geelong if the cards fell the right way."

Spikey

Of course we'll lose to Richmond, but you'll be doing well to find people who actually thought we would beat Geelong. And would is the key word. Not could beat them.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Of course we'll lose to Richmond, but you'll be doing well to find people who actually thought we would beat Geelong. And would is the key word. Not could beat them.
I was talking about it with a client on Thursday morning, and got ridiculed for the idea. Good job on being the only team to do it so far but not sure what the point of the chicken-littling is.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Most disappointing thing about this is that had Geelong won you'd have got at least $2.50 on WCE next week, you'll be lucky to get much over evens now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round fifteen tipping update

A bit more of divergence amongst the CW tipping cognescenti this week. Everyone took Freo, Carlton, Brisbane, Geelong (wrongly) & only SBI backed against the Pies. Game effort, but a tad foolhardy perhaps.

Dogs/Dees & Roos/Saints split opinions 4/7 & 5/6 in favour of the nominal away sides respectively and only Dav and Vimes took the Crows to beat Sydney.

Norway the sole tipster to back all three correctly, so he carries the honours for the week. No tips again from Heef, so he shares SBI's 3.

Weekly

Vimes 7
SKD 6
howardj 5
Jono 5
Clapo 5
morgie 5
cameeel 5
altoz 5
Brumby 4
Benchy 4
SBI 3

HDS 3

The People's Champion still leads things, but his lead now down to a single tip. Vimes's star turn earns him a share of bronze with Augustus but SBI shows fortune rarely favours the brave as he slips from equal fifth to ninth.

Overall

1) Brumby 88
2) howardj 87
=3) Jono 86
=3) Vimes 86
=5) morgie 85
=5) SKD 85
7) cameeel 84
8) Clapo 83
9) SBI 82
10) altoz 80
11) Benchy 78
12) HDS 76

Round 16 Fixtures:

West Coast vs. Geelong (Subiaco Oval)
Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions (York Park)
Gold Coast vs. Sydney (Carrara)
Essendon vs. Richmond (MCG)
Collingwood vs. North Melbourne (MCG)
Port Adelaide vs. St Kilda (Football Park)
Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton (Docklands)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I'm stagnating just inside the top 2K. Have trouble brewing next week as well in my forward line. Pavlich, Sylvia, Mzungu, Callinan and probably Richardson out, hopefully Didak is back in otherwise I'll definitely be taking a donut