• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd rather ryder be at bendigo too but to say three ruckmen is the problem is absurd. As a problem It's way down near the bottom. Coaching-wise Hird has made two big stuff ups so far: A) We've stolen a gameplan instead of thinking one up and B) At the end of last season Hird didn't make the tough decisions he should have. I never wanted Knights to be sacked in the first place ftr so i guess my criticism isn't what you want.
Mate there are a ****load of problems. I'm not going to list every one.

But one simple one is the fact that you blokes have become slow as ****, and having three tall blokes isn't helping.

Also you're not the only Essendon fan as you'd know. The way Knights was treated was a disgrace. Was crucified last year when only the year before he brought Essendon to finals when they had no right being there.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But one simple one is the fact that you blokes have become slow as ****, and having three tall blokes isn't helping.

Also you're not the only Essendon fan as you'd know. The way Knights was treated was a disgrace. Was crucified when in 2009 he brought Essendon to finals when they had no right being there.
We've never replaced Winders and Dempsey. I've said a few times before I want Ricky Dyson in the team because he's quick and he's got a good kick. Two things we solely need. We're not slow because of the 3 ruckmen. We're slow because we lost two of our quickest players and never replaced them. Over time we've included more slow, middle sized players like Welsh & McVeigh. That's why we're slow. To say it's because of 3 ruckmen is at best lazy. It's part of the reason but the main reason is the other people in the midfield and forward line. Jetta's quick. Davey's quick but fumbles the ball half the time. Zaka's decent. And then....the 3 ruckmen is a very small reason. We're also slow because of our brain-dead kicking. A pack of snails would seem fast against us because of the way we kick into the 50. A loose back and we're done.

Like I said, I never wanted Knights. I'll admit the coaching panel as a whole is better - Campo's been at the Crows for half a season and the fans already want him gone - but Knights got treated disgracefully by everyone. The absurd **** that he didn't rebuild - he turned over the list massively and anyway look at the reaction when Knights did get rid of Lloyd and Lucas is what gets me the most. The gameplan may have been too attacking but that was our strength we were - and still are - too small to rely on defence, for better or worse.

He never won the fans over - myself being in Sydney and young when Hardwick played meant I wasn't butt-hurt like the others - and they always picked on him when they could. I don't disagree with that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hille and Ryder have had like 4 possessions til half time.

Its a problem. I don't disagree with anything else you said, but I'm not sure why you're disagreeing with people who don't believe playing 3 ruckmen, 2 which are out of form, is a problem.

Spikey

after listening to that I'm now convinced the umps hate us. and i've defended them every single time this season.

Spikey

Hille and Ryder have had like 4 possessions til half time.

Its a problem. I don't disagree with anything else you said, but I'm not sure why you're disagreeing with people who don't believe playing 3 ruckmen, 2 which are out of form, is a problem.
it's a problem but it's not the problem. Dumping Ryder isn't gonna make everything better. There's a whole lot more of problems and most of them are bigger. Three ruckmen could work but right now having two of Hurley, Ryder, Hille and Bellchambers seems to make the midfielders think we can just thump it into the forward line without looking. So no wonder it doesn't work. If the midfielders - and coaches - change the way they enter the 50...who knows? I read we convert 17% of our Inside 50 entries. Probably a wrong figure but over the past 2 months it's seems about spot on to me.

I got really excited in the first when Hocking kicked his running goal because that's the thing we need. I thought maybe something had changed. But of course...

Last edited:

Spikey

The thing that puts us ahead of the rest is who we target - Paul Salmon, Scott Lucas and Brent Stanton among others. I mean Stanton isn't as good as the other two but he's in been in the top 10 in the B&F every season he's been here and he's still only 24. He's been here during one of our darkest hours and can hold his head up high, yet we attack him

benchmark00

The thing that puts us ahead of the rest is who we target - Paul Salmon, Scott Lucas and Brent Stanton among others. I mean Stanton isn't as good as the other two but he's in been in the top 10 in the B&F every season he's been here and he's still only 24. He's been here during one of our darkest hours and can hold his head up high, yet we attack him
Yep. Stupid fans.

Didn't see the game tonight, but seems a horror story. Any fights?

Spikey

I assume Jetta, Zaka, Stanton and the 3 others who can hold their heads up took McVeigh, Welsh etc on

benchmark00

Collingwood butchering some golden options. should be up by about 10 goals.

Goodes having three parts of **** all influence on the game once again.

benchmark00

Attendances today on the Gold Coast:

Gold Coast Suns/Western Bulldogs - 16,149
Gold Coast Titans/Cronulla Sharks - 12,997