• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its days like these that not having Franklin in your DT is awesome.

Bloke's gotta stop bumping people in the head.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its days like these that not having Franklin in your DT is awesome.

Bloke's gotta stop bumping people in the head.
all i need is Fyfe to miss out with something and everything will be coming up Milhouse

benchmark00

Mark Fine on SEN throwing out the idea that an AFL Supporters Association should be established.

Interesting discussion.

benchmark00

i suppose if i had a higher view of people i would support this. as it is...
Some good points being raised, especially re: grand final tickets.

Definitely think the two teams competiting should have the majority of tickets to be allocated to members as a priority, opposed to the AFL just looking after the corporates.

Spikey

Yep that's something that needs to be changed, but can you imagine fans trying to deal with tribunal stuff?! Keeping in my mind I just took on about 10 essendon fans in defence of your boy....

benchmark00

Yep that's something that needs to be changed, but can you imagine fans trying to deal with tribunal stuff?! Keeping in my mind I just took on about 10 essendon fans in defence of your boy....
Nah look I don't think they should get a say on that sort of stuff, leave that to the people who get paid to do it. Just stuff that affects the supporting aspect, not things which will be split along tribal lines.

Maybe just a formal consultation on issues. It's very fanciful and probably would never happen but it's an idea.

Redbacks

International Captain
Nah look I don't think they should get a say on that sort of stuff, leave that to the people who get paid to do it. Just stuff that affects the supporting aspect, not things which will be split along tribal lines.

Maybe just a formal consultation on issues. It's very fanciful and probably would never happen but it's an idea.
They have groups in Germany for the Bundesliga and they do roughly what you suggest. Nothing to do with how the game is run but more about keeping ticket prices to a reasonable level and having an input into fixture times and the family atmosphere at the games.

They still have terraces because of these groups so a cheap season ticket works out at €7 vs an EPL ticket of £40-60.

Spikey

You forgot to bold it tbh

Haven't seen but the MRP seems to have handled it you way it thought it should be, which is that because a free got paid it's fine...? Seems absurd.

benchmark00

Nah wasn't going to talk about that issue. Just wondering if your thoughts on the issue had changed with regards to melksham being reckless. Have a look on the footy classified site and look at the good call bad call video. Towards the end they show the incident again. Take note of where the ball is.