• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha mate I'd never legitimately make fun of Essendon's drafting. I mean come on, look at Richmond in 2004. Other than Deledio its the worst recruiting you can ever see. Tambling was way too high, then you have Meyers, Pattison, Polo etc. Oakley-Nicholls in 2005 as well :dry:

Though Polo and Oakley-Nicholls did the job in the 2006 Dream Time so it was probably worth it :cool:
yeah yeah but it comes up all the time so I just thought I'd throw it in here. It was the same with Myers the next season too. Everyone now goes on about Cyril but it was Myers or Palmer...and well. Myers is a bit like Gumby...except it's the injures to the others screwing him over. He's a midfielder but because of his size - same as Jobe pretty much - he keeps on getting moved to the back-line because one of Pears/Hooker is always injured.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Speaking of Pears, I watched After The Bounce just before (love that show, Damien Fleming is a legend and Dunstall vs. Frawley in Yesterday's Heroes is always good fun) and they showed footage of Pears giving away the free kick by pushing Petrie down right in front of the umpires on the boundary. Hadn't seen that.

Petrie than snaps a goal from the boundary and goes straight up to Pears and gets in his face :laugh:

benchmark00

He's had some injures yeah? What type? Gumby's back and hammies meant for about 3-4 years he couldn't do weights. Only this pre-season really. I guess that's why I'm hopeful. Got a massive tank, got good hands and now got some size...the goal kicking is a bit though.....
He ripped his hammy off the bone in 2009 and has had some shoulder concerns.

Lachie is really important to North Melbourne because he's versatile, but main thing is that he's a genuine key position prospect.

All of a sudden we have a decent spine with Thompson, Grima, Goldstein/McIntosh, Petrie, Hansen/Edwards/Pedersen.

A few of those guys can play dual positions which is helpful with the sub rule and what have you.

Spikey

Speaking of Pears, I watched After The Bounce just before (love that show, Damien Fleming is a legend and Dunstall vs. Frawley in Yesterday's Heroes is always good fun) and they showed footage of Pears giving away the free kick by pushing Petrie down right in front of the umpires on the boundary. Hadn't seen that.

Petrie than snaps a goal from the boundary and goes straight up to Pears and gets in his face :laugh:
yeah well Pears never should have played. He was gone by half time. I guess the plan was to sub him but that's just stupid. It was a soft free-kick but really you do that you deserve to have a goal kicked against you

benchmark00

Dat ass slap.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Benchy how confident are you of going to AAMI and getting the cookies without Goldstein (if he's out)?

Spikey

Benchy how confident are you of going to AAMI and getting the cookies without Goldstein (if he's out)?
Andrew Sallow can do it by himself

and i don't even know which SA team they're playing. the midfield's of each team are just.

benchmark00

I think Goldy will play, but it certainly will be a concern if he doesn't, mainly because it'll force Petrie to do alot more rucking and he is sooo good up forward.

We should win, but these are the sort of games we haven't won in the past.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shuey the new favourite for the NAB Rising Star:

Luke Shuey (Nominated in Round 2) 2.25
Dyson Heppell (Nominated in Round 1) 3.00
Zac Smith (Nominated Round 7) 4.50
Jack Darling (Nominated Round 6) 13.00
Shane Savage (Nominated in Round 8) 13.00
David Swallow 16.00

Spikey

O'Keefe off phew