• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wouldn't personally put money down on them at the docklands at less than $3 for this one, so on that basis I would guess $2.55, Blues $1.40
Nah the Carlton hype is at its highest point now. I can easily see Carlton being $1.35 or less.

I agree though that West Coast aren't worth touching for less than $3. But they may just be that price.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
You're getting ripped off at less than $4, and even then it's no spoil.

Btw, love the last picture Benchy, heroic stuff.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i should really note essendon supporters who play fantasy draft about the whole gumby thing really piss me off. It was only gumby or hansen ffs. everyone goes on about Selwood but he did his ACL the season leading up and Gumby had never had a serious injury. no-one could have predicted what happened

now the dogs taking Everitt......

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Now that you brought up Gumbleton, I've just randomly had a look at the 2006 AFL Draft, which was supposed to be a super-draft like 2001.

All players are in their fifth year now, and its interesting to see where they are at.

Selwood, Gibbs, Nathan Brown and Riewoldt have all been great for their teams.

Gumbleton had a shocking run with injuries. Jetta starting to show glimpses that he could have a breakout season soon. Boak is already class but just needs to take that extra step. Benchy or SKD would be better equipped to speak about Lachie Hansen, but he's showed signs but hasn't been consistent enough. Big fella though so there's still time. Matthew Leuenberger was probably unlucky in that everyone compared him to Cox so it put a lot of high expectations on him. He's really starting to come of age now.

Armitage just doesn't have what it takes to go that other level. Same with Andrejs Everitt, though he's a useful utility.

Grigg and Hislop, from Carlton and Essendon, are now with Richmond, funnily enough.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
i should really note essendon supporters who play fantasy draft about the whole gumby thing really piss me off. It was only gumby or hansen ffs. everyone goes on about Selwood but he did his ACL the season leading up and Gumby had never had a serious injury. no-one could have predicted what happened

now the dogs taking Everitt......
Haha mate I'd never legitimately make fun of Essendon's drafting. I mean come on, look at Richmond in 2004. Other than Deledio its the worst recruiting you can ever see. Tambling was way too high, then you have Meyers, Pattison, Polo etc. Oakley-Nicholls in 2005 as well :dry:

Though Polo and Oakley-Nicholls did the job in the 2006 Dream Time so it was probably worth it :cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
hahahaha Nathan Djerrkura went 25 in that draft
Haha you went and looked at it like I did. Its quite interesting how most players just have not taken that jump yet.

Will be interesting to look at in two years time.

benchmark00

Lachie's good. Has struggled a little bit this year, but had a ripping season last year when moved up forward. Has amazing hands, but can struggle with self confidence.

Say he puts on another 5-10kg in muscle he could be anything if he gets his head right.

Spikey

Hislop never should have gone at 20. He was just so much bigger than the rest of the 18's ala like Hawkins. Funnily enough Houli slipped down to 42 because of that but we fell for Hislop. Didn't help he was a dick off the field of course. We told him after his 2nd year the day of the B&F that yep we were gonna offer him a contract. Got pissed, got glassed & we said well actually.

Really the 2006 rookie draft is far more impressive

Spikey

Say he puts on another 5-10kg in muscle he could be anything if he gets his head right.

He's had some injures yeah? What type? Gumby's back and hammies meant for about 3-4 years he couldn't do weights. Only this pre-season really. I guess that's why I'm hopeful. Got a massive tank, got good hands and now got some size...the goal kicking is a bit though.....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gumby showed good signs early last season.

Was in my Dream Team last year (based on the fact that he was mega cheap, and my dickhead Essendon friends raved about him for 4 years straight) and he looked like he was coming along.

Apparently he was too tall for his hamstrings or something crazy yeah? He kept growing which kept ****ing up his back and hammies.