Page 229 of 1140 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329729 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 17094
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: A.F.L. Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Look, I know everyone has to start somewhere - Murphy is still on single syllable words and Jono is working out how to think and breathe at the same time. But for a club to be down 93-1 at quarter time at AFL level is beyond a joke.
    It's not that bad, a few quick wickets and they're right back in the hunt....

...wait.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Rd 6 Ranking

christ. byes killed a few people then. and i reckon a fair few didn't put Cox back in (lol) their teams. Up to 21,346 overall. 5000 still on if I can string together a couple of really good rounds.

collingwood bye + roo perhaps being out might kill more people too.

To be honest, most people are playing for league.

If that's the case they should have a **** load of Freo, Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney players as they all have their byes when there is no head-to-head league game.

Now out of those 4 teams Freo are comfortably the best team for Dream Team players. Sandi, Pav, Fyfe, Mayne etc. etc. So most teams would have taken a huge hit this week with Freo having the bye this round.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Back up to 253rd overall.

Got some big shoes to fill this week tho.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Yeah I had a shock when i logged into DT, was in Leeds overnight and was expecting a big drop as had a **** week and only scored 1874, but ranked 5186 for the week and up to 3414 overall.I think a lot people pulled the trigger on Krakouer

lulz at Jono btw
    Last edited by superkingdave; 01-05-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

doubt many people put too much thought into it Jono tbh

cursing myself for not trading otten to thompson btw. there's literally no promising rookies around. (i've already got hibbard.)

SKD enjoying my low scores lately :P

I got in Thomson. Very happy with his 92, albeit on the bench.

Loaded up on the cash during the 3 nothing weeks. Ready to unload now from rounds 7-9 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    doubt many people put too much thought into it Jono tbh

cursing myself for not trading otten to thompson btw. there's literally no promising rookies around. (i've already got hibbard.)
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Cam Pedersen back in next week if Hansens back needs a rest, if he puts in another performance like he did against West Coast he'd be hard to drop.

Cripps could be an option as well, not sure how many games he'll get, but with St Kildas shocking start you'd think they will start playing the kids a bit more.

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Poor old Gold Coast, ran into a possessed Bomber outfit in the 1st quarter.

Still think they will be a chance against the Lions next week.

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Big fan of Craig personally, don't see any reason to get rid of him. If you look at the quality of players Adelaide has lost in the last 3-4 seasons, and the fact that they've only missed the eight once and hence haven't had high draft picks, it's been a very good transitional period. If there's no consistent results in 1-2 years it'll be another matter, but for right now I think the team is in a great place.

And yeah, almost nobody in the 100+ game area right now, so the team is at least a couple of years from being a major contender.
    Craig is a top bloke, but I'm not sure he can deliver a flag, time will tell. Triggs comments that he is safe as far as the eye can see was pretty odd, usually when you get backed in the knife is being sharpened but I think he was being genuine. I agree with the reasonable talen being there but other than Dangerfield, there isn't really any other A-graders running through the middle as you mention due to years of being in the top half hurting their ability to recruit. The priority was talls too. Vince/Reilly/Van Berlo/Thompson/McKay/Douglas etc. don't stack up against a Judd/Gibbs/Murphy or a Swan/Pendlebury/Didak/Daisy a lot of whom were early picks. A magic trade has to be pulled off to bring in an A-grader and a break with craig tradition in not trading perhaps is required.

From reports, he recieved 100's of letter of rage mail from supporters after the showdown which is possibly part of the reason he has been talking up the youngsters and telling the armchair experts to get a grip on things.
    Last edited by Redbacks; 01-05-2011 at 08:43 AM.

By the way Brumby, you are the highest ranked person from outside Australia (or at least of those who have chosen 'other/international' as their state.)

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    By the way Brumby, you are the highest ranked person from outside Australia (or at least of those who have chosen 'other/international' as their state.)

I didn't know that. Might add it to my CV, tbh.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Boracay, 28 April, Regency Lagoon Hotel. Just got back from some Filipina chick rubbing my body with hot rocks and eucalyptus oil for two hours when I switched on Australia Network and they were just starting the Eagles/Dees game. Ended up being away for over three weeks and not missing a victory

Up there with the better days tbh.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    I agree with the reasonable talen being there but other than Dangerfield, there isn't really any other A-graders running through the middle as you mention due to years of being in the top half hurting their ability to recruit. The priority was talls too. Vince/Reilly/Van Berlo/Thompson/McKay/Douglas etc. don't stack up against a Judd/Gibbs/Murphy or a Swan/Pendlebury/Didak/Daisy a lot of whom were early picks.
    Yeah, that's true, but the draft picks obviously haven't been there, so you can't really just compare the list to a team that's spent years near the bottom picking up new talent. It's guys like Sloane, Smith etc who have just come out of nowhere and look really settled at AFL level that give some credence to the way Craig talking up the list for the future.

Only time will tell exactly how good the Adelaide list is going to be but I personally can't see any reason to criticise Craig when he's delivered a major list rejuvenation without having a terrible run of results. Wait until next season at least.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Thread Information