• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You won't beat St Kilda twice, regardless of the **** that's going on there.
What's that based on morgieb? how many NM games have you seen this year?

NM are right up there in CP and Clearances, the two indicators which if you win you go along way towards winning games. If you lose those KPI's by a margain and win the game you're pretty lucky, and normally is related to disposal efficiency or innacuracy. Provided we can improve goal kicking accuracy there's no reason why we can't win all of those games.

Last edited:

Spikey

you couldn't even beat brisbane the 2nd worse clearance team in the comp

(Adl the worst obv)

Spikey

and i mean you just have to look at us v Richmond to see it's what you do with the ball

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
lol at you using Melbourne's injuries as an excuse. Obviously have no idea what you're talking about considering our injury list at the time.

We'll finish higher than Richmond. Bookmark it.
Our draw and the games I expect us to either win or be very close:

13.ESSENDON
14.PORT
15.ST KILDA

16.COLLINGWOOD
17.BULLDOGS
18.BRISBANE

19.CARLTON
20.HAWTHORN
21.BYE
22.FREMANTLE in Melbs
23.ST KILDA
24.RICHMOND
I recall a few weeks ago you saying you don't overrate your team, and now you're claiming you could win 12 games?

Ludicrous.

I remember you laughing at me saying Richmond would beat Freo at the MCG (went very quiet when it happened as I remember it). Now your team, who couldn't beat Brisbane, are going to make finals. On the back of the "elite" Daniel Wells I imagine. Yep Richo and Goodes are **** footballers but Wells is elite.

This is crazy. I like North Melbourne and they have plenty of upside (love Ziebell and Bastinac, and am keeping a keen eye on Atley) but you call others out as cheerleaders when I suggest Richmond may beat Freo yet you say North should make finals.

A few weeks ago you said your team deserves to make bottom 4. Now they're beating St Kilda twice.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You also said St Kilda will make finals. How are they making finals if they're losing to your mob?

Reckon you're calling North making finals two years too early.

benchmark00

I recall a few weeks ago you saying you don't overrate your team, and now you're claiming you could win 12 games?

Ludicrous.

I remember you laughing at me saying Richmond would beat Freo at the MCG (went very quiet when it happened as I remember it). Now your team, who couldn't beat Brisbane, are going to make finals. On the back of the "elite" Daniel Wells I imagine. Yep Richo and Goodes are **** footballers but Wells is elite.

This is crazy. I like North Melbourne and they have plenty of upside (love Ziebell and Bastinac, and am keeping a keen eye on Atley) but you call others out as cheerleaders when I suggest Richmond may beat Freo yet you say North should make finals.

A few weeks ago you said your team deserves to make bottom 4. Now they're beating St Kilda twice.
1. As if NM couldn't win 12 games given that draw. Name one of those games which they have no hope of winning?? I don't think we will win 12 games, but we could.

2.When did I call you a cheerleader for saying Richmond could beat Fremantle?? Or are you making things up again?

3. I have never called Richardson & Goodes **** footballers, again a case of you making these things up. I have called them grossly overrated, and have always said this.

4. Looking at the draw more closely it's obvious that St Kilda's up against it because they play the top four teams twice. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who has failed to look at the draw closely!

And again, name one game which I have highlighted that North shouldn't go in expecting a win or at least a close match?? You simply can't. You banged on about how your beloved Sydney were way better than NM, and we really should have put them away.

Wells is having an elite midfield season. Prove he isn't.

benchmark00

In fact, you trying to suggest we have 0% of a chance of winning those matches just shows me you're a bit hurt that I don't I call your poster boy Richardson a hero and I point out Goodes is rubbish when it comes to getting his hands dirty.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
1. As if NM couldn't win 12 games given that draw. Name one of those games which they have no hope of winning?? I don't think we will win 12 games, but we could.

2.When did I call you a cheerleader for saying Richmond could beat Fremantle?? Or are you making things up again?

3. I have never called Richardson & Goodes **** footballers, again a case of you making these things up. I have called them grossly overrated, and have always said this.

4. Looking at the draw more closely it's obvious that St Kilda's up against it because they play the top four teams twice. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who has failed to look at the draw closely!

And again, name one game which I have highlighted that North shouldn't go in expecting a win or at least a close match?? You simply can't. You banged on about how your beloved Sydney were way better than NM, and we really should have put them away.

Wells is having an elite midfield season. Prove he isn't.
In fact, you trying to suggest we have 0% of a chance of winning those matches just shows me you're a bit hurt that I don't I call your poster boy Richardson a hero and I point out Goodes is rubbish when it comes to getting his hands dirty.
Other than the downside of you no doubt coming here and bragging it happens, I'd love for North to make finals (obviously would prefer Richmond, but I can't see us doing it after dropping the game to Port). Of course you have a chance of winning some of those games, but do you realise how much would have to go right for you to win them all? And if you don't win them all, you will have to win most and hope other results go your way. That too is seriously unlikely. Plus you gotta then think about percentage.

Your team is not very good. Neither is Richmond I know so coming back at me will prove nothing, but this isn't a tit for tat. I have not come here saying my team could make finals. We looked like we would in 2005, 2006 and 2008 and ****ed it up. I am very familiar with us doing it. So you saying "North will end up higher than Richmond, bookmark it" is nothing but Big Footy stuff, dead set. But you've come out and gone from thinking your team deserves to be bottom 4 to thinking they'll make finals after beating some dead set mediocre teams, and also failing to beat other mediocre teams (Brisbane and Richmond).

Also why bring up the Sydney game? Firstly, you lost. 1 point is 1 point Secondly, you convinced me pre-game that North could win so I changed my bloody Last Man Standing tip ffs. That's a clear omission from me that I listened to you! Why would you even mention it in this debate?

I have money on Essendon to miss finals (got $2.50 at Sportsbet before they lost to Freo - did it because Marc McClure said they won't on AFL 360 so I followed him :ph34r: ) so if North make it, I imagine it'd be in their place. So if that happens, I wouldn't mind. But I imagine that Melbourne or St Kilda will be that team to sneak into the 8. You are too far behind and playing 10-12 weeks of high level football is beyond your playing group right now.

Regarding Wells, the word elite is used for absolute superstars of the games. Wells has flattered to deceive for many years and is finally coming good. But ffs its 12 rounds of footy. To call him elite is jumping the gun. I may as well call Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin elite, but I wouldn't. I daresay such a term has a higher benchmark (no pun intended) than you're giving it.

Won't get into Richo and Goodes again. The idea that I am saying I don't think North will make finals because you upset me by bagging Richo and Goodes is ridiculous.

benchmark00

But you've come out and gone from thinking your team deserves to be bottom 4 to thinking they'll make finals after beating some dead set mediocre teams, and also failing to beat other mediocre teams (Brisbane and Richmond).

Not sure what part of this you don't understand. Honestly.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mate you said:

"Provided we can improve goal kicking accuracy there's no reason why we can't win all of those games.".

That's much more than saying we "could" win, that's asking people to give a reason why they shouldn't.

I'll give you a reason, St Kilda are a better team, as are Fremantle with Sandilands.You're relying on the quality of the teams going down for you to win every game. St Kilda have been playing better football than North for the last 5 weeks or so. You're not playing Fremantle on the MCG. They play Etihad stadium better.

benchmark00

Mate you said:

"Provided we can improve goal kicking accuracy there's no reason why we can't win all of those games.".

That's much more than saying we "could" win, that's asking people to give a reason why they shouldn't.

I'll give you a reason, St Kilda are a better team, as are Fremantle with Sandilands.You're relying on the quality of the teams going down for you to win every game. St Kilda have been playing better football than North for the last 5 weeks or so. You're not playing Fremantle on the MCG. They play Etihad stadium better.
For starters, for all intents and purposes they're exactly the same thing. Absolutely not much more. There are plenty of reasons why NM won't defeat Collingwood, there are less reasons why St Kilda would beat NM.

NM plays Etihad better than any other ground, and there's no doubt Fremantle are better with Sandilands, but Goldstein has been in good knick himself.

Richmond beat Fremantle, and I consider NM a more well rounded outfit than Richmond.

St Kilda have been playing better football, until Friday night where they were pretty terrible itbt. It's just that Western Bulldogs are just so off it.

benchmark00

And on the topic of Wells, don't be so facetious. As if I think Wells is elite, I meant he's having an elite season. Which he is. It's totally different than saying he's an elite player. You're either deliberately being obtuse or you're just completely missing the point consistently.