• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Bloody Browny better play out the rest of the season (as well as the next two) strongly. So sick of him taking up a massive slice of the cap, but barely string five games together for the past few seasons. There's always something wth him. Champion player when he is out on the park, though.

So pumped for tomorrow night!
Um... I think Browny is way down the list for guys you should be giving it to at Brisbane for taking up space in the salary cap for whatever reason.

It's not like it even matters right now given you lost core players like Brennan and Rischitelli last year, and Power and Black are both veterans now. I'm pretty sure Brisbane would actually be desperate to offload as much cash as they can, while they can, to keep guys like Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Clark, Polec, Leuenberger etc. at the club in years to come.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly struggle to see light at the end of the tunnel for Brisbane in the near future. Black and Power, who their midfield rely heavily upon, will retire in the next few years and they won't really have the players to take over from them because they won't be getting the draft picks normally afforded to a team finishing down the bottom of the ladder.

You never know, a couple of their youngsters could really come on. It's not unheard of that a good player comes from outside the top few draft picks, but they couldn't have picked a worse time to bottom out from a list management point of view.

benchmark00

Don't see why you can't support both tbh. Generally I mean. In your case it's just small-mindedness.

Good to see the filth lose to the Raiders tonight tbh.
Why eat sausages when you can eat steak? Why bang Samatha Armitage when you can r00t Jennifer Hawkins?

Sure, the former is better than nothing, but it's just such a mismatch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Warnock what the ****!?

Stay the **** down next time Brian Lake style and let someone else take the free kick for goal.

Still can't believe he missed that though.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly struggle to see light at the end of the tunnel for Brisbane in the near future. Black and Power, who their midfield rely heavily upon, will retire in the next few years and they won't really have the players to take over from them because they won't be getting the draft picks normally afforded to a team finishing down the bottom of the ladder.

You never know, a couple of their youngsters could really come on. It's not unheard of that a good player comes from outside the top few draft picks, but they couldn't have picked a worse time to bottom out from a list management point of view.
I'm a bit more bullish about Brisbane's prospects than most but there's no denying that there's no reward for finishing down the bottom in the next few years.

Where they might get lucky is that they've picked a lot of guys who do the flashy things in the second/third rounds of the last two or three drafts, guys that other recruiters passed on like Cornelius, Bartlett, Green, Banfield, probably some others I don't know. If some of those guys come on I think they can be a good top 8 side with a lot of talent on their list, but on the balance of probability you wouldn't count on it just yet.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Meanwhile just saw that McGrath is out for the Lions. Will change my tip from the Lions to North Melbourne

This. I've always thought it was a bit generous of the umpires to pay free kicks for high contact to guys that clearly have no brains.
Haha, quite good.

howardj

International Coach
It struck me last night what a great commentator Dennis Cometti is. Granted his repartee with Bruce McV can be a tad irritating, but he really is a great sports broadcaster - love him on the Olympic swimming too.

Spikey

no watson no hocking no essendon. very rough quarter although our defenders did a stellar job.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Essendon v Richmond - Essendon to be winning at quarter time, $1.70 with Sportingbet.

Despite how much I want Essendon to lose, Richmond haven't won a first quarter yet this year.

Bit odd for me to be punting on a Thursday, but I think that's just about good enough.
Heh. Pretty glad I've gone against all my inclinations so far this weekend. Couldn't take the price when I found out Watson was out (and Stanton was in).