• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

howardj

International Coach
yeah, I meant more with the inside of your big toe - just up from the green bit (like they do in league). I know you can't run off your line, but you don't really need a run up when you kick it like I'm advocating.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Just finished watching the Derby on Bigpond, amazed that I managed to live in a bubble since last night and not somehow spoil the result for myself, usually it just doesn't work out.

Good win without Kerr and Embley, there really wasn't all that much experience in the side once they came out and yet you almost wouldn't have known they weren't there.

And seriously, Fyfe is scarily ****ing good.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
watson out for 2-3. hocking will be out. great. we're gonna lose to richmond. richmond.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hurt his adductor I heard, in the warm-up. Will probably play this week.

watson out for 2-3. hocking will be out. great. we're gonna lose to richmond. richmond.
You've lost to us quite a bit in the last 5-6 years tbf.

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the great thing about Essendon, no matter how well you guys are playing you'll still drop a game to some scummy arse-licking team, probably Port Adelaide in round 23.

Hope Richmond win this week.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AFL Tips

Round 8:
SKD 8
Brumby 7
Vimes 6
Cameel 6
Benchy 6
SBI 6
Heath 6
alternative 6
Jono 5
Howard 5
Clapo 5
morgie 4

Huge round for skd, tipping all 8 winners. Well done man.

Meanwhile Brumby takes the overall lead with his 7 tips.

Vimes only got 6 as he confusingly tipped a draw between WC and Freo.

No tips for El Nino so I decided to remove him. One round of tipping out of eight doesn't cut it :p

Overall Leaderboard:

Brumby 47
howardj 45
Jono 43
Samuel Vimes 42
sirbloodyidiot 42
superkingdave 42
heath 41
morgie 41
clapo 41
cameel 40
Benchmark00 39
alternative 37

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah I remember talking him up as one of the best kicks for goal I had seen, pre injury. Came back as a different kicker though.

iPod has a pretty good action I think. He guides it down as far as possible and kicks right through it. Not alot can go wrong technically.
Which injury are you referring to? The hammy last year? If so, his kicking issues have been going on for a bit longer than that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AFL Tips

Round 9:

Carlton vs. Geelong Cats
St. Kilda vs. Melbourne
Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle
Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne
Richmond vs. Essendon
Collingwood vs. Adelaide Crows
Sydney Swans vs. Hawthorn
West Coast Eagles vs. Western Bulldogs

Bye: Gold Coast Suns

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Fair dinkum unbelievable.

An absolute legend of Geelong, and Australian, football. Didn't know of the news till I logged on here. :(

RIP.

howardj

International Coach
Got a two-for-one deal to the Lions v Kangas this Saturday night.

Get slaughtered when I go to a Lions game (me and the Lions!)

Am dying to sing the Lions song at the end of the game (they only play it if they win).

Been a while.

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Got a two-for-one deal to the Lions v Kangas this Saturday night.

Get slaughtered when I go to a Lions game (me and the Lions!)

Am dying to sing the Lions song at the end of the game (they only play it if they win).

Been a while.
Luckily there are some other factors that count other than whether or not you turn up to the game, like for example Jonathan Brown coming back. I think he'll be rusty but his presence will have an impact on the rest of the team.

North Melbourne haven't beaten Brisbane at the Gabba since 2005, although I don't think it's the travel factor given their good record at Carrara. It might be a bit harsh calling it a must-win game for Brisbane given they are a rabble and their season is over anyway, but seriously, if they don't get up for this one then Voss should hand in his parking voucher and team store discount card.