• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Port Adelaide vs. Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs vs. Sydney Swans
Geelong Cats vs. North Melbourne
Richmond vs. Fremantle
Gold Coast Suns vs. Brisbane Lions
Essendon vs. West Coast Eagles
Melbourne vs. Adelaide Crows
St. Kilda vs. Carlton

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Same as Brumbers by the looks.

Richmond vs. Fremantle
St. Kilda vs. Carlton

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
The only affect was they almost lost to a ****house Brisbane team with no bench at all by the last 15 minutes of the game. They kicked into gear immediately after Round 1 because they've got depth in talent. Their bottom 10 players are better than the bottom 10 of many other teams.
Incorrect. Their bottom ten is irrelevant, it's their number one that matters.

Freo might be a bunch of skin flutes but for the brainless schleps in this thread... that's a picture of a fife.

howardj

International Coach
Round 7:

Richmond vs. Fremantle
St. Kilda vs. Carlton

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
St. Kilda vs. Carlton

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richmond vs. Fremantle
St. Kilda vs. Carlton

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
do i trade libba and upgrade Richardson or just do Broughton to Enright and cope a zero in the forwards. damnit higgins every year.

morgieb

**** the gc have another bye coming up already? geez
They need to find a way to recover from the thrashings :p

Richmond vs. Fremantle
St. Kilda vs. Carlton

cameeel

International Captain
Richmond vs. Fremantle
St. Kilda vs. Carlton

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richmond vs. Fremantle
St. Kilda vs. Carlton

benchmark00

Richmond vs. Fremantle
St. Kilda vs. Carlton

Tempted by Gold Coast.

howardj

International Coach
I think with the coming CBA, the players' demands for a fixed percentage of revenue will be a real flashpoint in negotiations. THey are deadset fixed on winning this battle within a battle. I understand that a fixed percentage operates in professional sports like the NBA and I think the EPL. However, I think what distinguishes AFL from those sports is that the game is still in a developmental phase in two quite big markets here in Australia - QLD and NSW. Certaintly the AFL is not anything like the dominant football code in these parts.

Much more money/resources needs to be sunk into these two States over the coming years. By contrast, the NBA and EPL are not only established in their native markets, but are worldwide hits. So certainly if the players are to insist on a fixed percentage, this needs to be considerably lower than the percentage that applies in the abovementioned competitions.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I think with the coming CBA, the players' demands for a fixed percentage of revenue will be a real flashpoint in negotiations. THey are deadset fixed on winning this battle within a battle. I understand that a fixed percentage operates in professional sports like the NBA and I think the EPL. However, I think what distinguishes AFL from those sports is that the game is still in a developmental phase in two quite big markets here in Australia - QLD and NSW. Certaintly the AFL is not anything like the dominant football code in these parts.

Much more money/resources needs to be sunk into these two States over the coming years. By contrast, the NBA and EPL are not only established in their native markets, but are worldwide hits. So certainly if the players are to insist on a fixed percentage, this needs to be considerably lower than the percentage that applies in the abovementioned competitions.

Nah in the Prem the clubs get TV money based on position, times on tv during the year etc. The amount the clubs pay the players is up to them, most should really be paying less than they do.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Richmond vs. Fremantle
St. Kilda vs. Carlton

Spikey

lbba > Iles, Boug > Enright. another GC mid might put in trouble come bye week but i'm thinking i'll be close to trading harris out by that point anyway