• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carlton vs St Kilda in a monday night blockbuster!

lol. good work guys. should be 1pm sunday

benchmark00

Why do we have Monday night football this week? Is there some form of public holiday I'm missing here?

ps. lol Jono.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They're trying out Monday night football again. Continuing the experiment from last year (I believe it was Saints vs. Pies).

And last time you posted 'lol' you were wrong. And you have been wrong pretty much every time since then. So your opinion is worthless.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
In all seriousness though, Sandi will probably rip us apart and we'll lose by about 20-30 pts, but they're coming off the bye. Best time to play them. So there's always a chance.

The bye has not been good for most teams lately. The bye will only become favourable a bit later in the season imo.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They haven't been to Melbourne yet and they're coming off the bye. There's a reason the bookies have them at around 1.6, and not 1.15-1.35, like most top teams would be vs. Richmond

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
In all seriousness though, Sandi will probably rip us apart and we'll lose by about 20-30 pts, but they're coming off the bye. Best time to play them. So there's always a chance.

The bye has not been good for most teams lately. The bye will only become favourable a bit later in the season imo.
bye has not been good for most teams because they have played Freo after the bye itbt :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah that's why Freo keep winning :ph34r:

Anyway I obviously rate Freo (I was the one saying they were good, and it was Benchy saying theyre not that good earlier, so obviously he's changed his tune) but to say Freo at the G are ever a lock is risky.

Last edited:

benchmark00

They're trying out Monday night football again. Continuing the experiment from last year (I believe it was Saints vs. Pies).

And last time you posted 'lol' you were wrong. And you have been wrong pretty much every time since then. So your opinion is worthless.
lol.

The only thing you're 'good' for is dream team... and you're absolutely **** house at that too!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Still waiting for a good call from you in this thread.

Something like "Pies are a good team", or "the 1989 grand final is a good game of footy"

benchmark00

Nah that's why Freo keep winning :ph34r:

Anyway I obviously rate Freo (I was the one saying they were good, and it was Benchy saying theyre not that good earlier, so obviously he's changed his tune) but to say Freo at the G are ever a lock is risky.
Two things:

1) Never said Freo were bad, just that they had a **** house pre season but will get better. Obviously their rubbish pre season hasn't affected them as much as I and others had thought. And;
2) Beat Richmond and being good don't neccessarily go hand in hand...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Two things:

1) Never said Freo were bad, just that they had a **** house pre season but will get better. Obviously their rubbish pre season hasn't affected them as much as I and others had thought. And;
The only affect was they almost lost to a ****house Brisbane team with no bench at all by the last 15 minutes of the game. They kicked into gear immediately after Round 1 because they've got depth in talent. Their bottom 10 players are better than the bottom 10 of many other teams.