• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Was a really **** game.

An ordinary Essendon vs. a ****ing pitiful Richmond.

Umpiring was a joke.

Weather was cold.

Tough night.

David Hille was awesome though, absolutely dominant. And Jack Riewoldt was great as well. Only promising sign.

Hey Mike, I reckon Howlett is the goods.
Game was over after the first 20 mins basically, should of gone on with it...

Riewoldt had a decent game, Pears an absolute stinker.

David Hille and Paddy Ryder's dominance as ruckmen is very pleasing...

Yeah Howlett looking the goods as a rookie pickup. Reckon Jetta had his best game for the club, was in absolutey everything and that now has to be the standard for him.

pasag

RTDAS
So we beat the Cats and the Saints one week and lose to to Essendon and the Hawks the next. Consistency please.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
14th minute of the last quarter and Zac Dawson hasn't had a stat yet. Apparently not injured either.

Will not be needing a shower after the game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What about Ross Lyon's master stroke of moving him into the forward line in the third quarter.

Sure he didn't touch the ball at all, but it did coincide with the Saints fightback. Coincidence? I think not :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Now I know eff all about AFL. I try, but remain largely clueless.

Could anyone tell me why a team that seemed in reasonable nick like Carlton (hit Les, demand it) lose at home by 50 points to one that looked in dire straits? Seems faintly anomalous to the uneducated.

benchmark00

Now I know eff all about AFL. I try, but remain largely clueless.

Could anyone tell me why a team that seemed in reasonable nick like Carlton (hit Les, demand it) lose at home by 50 points to one that looked in dire straits? Seems faintly anomalous to the uneducated.
There are only two stadiums in Melbourne where they play footy, and they're both Melbourne based clubs so it's not really an away game for Hawthorn, only way it's a benefit is Carlton get the gate takings and the home rooms.

Secondly, in AFL anyone can beat anyone on any given day, often it just comes down to attitude because everyone who plays AFL (most of Richmond aside) is extremely talented and it just comes down to executing a game plan or skills.

Carlton just didn't turn up and Hawthorn (who are a very good team, just having a **** season) played well.

And they're probably tanking again, but whatevs.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
beg to differ re Hawthorn being a very good team.

They are absolutely ****house.

pasag

RTDAS
A couple of factors also not mentioned, we're a running side so as the season goes on we'll start dropping games if we're a little bit flat. Had a big few weeks so I guess it was only a matter of time. Also we struggle against two big forwards (see Brisbane game). Also we had two injuries early on in the game so couldn't rotate off the bench for the majority of the day (which makes pt1 even worse).

Just speculating though, only listened to it and followed on the net.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hawthorn have a good "cream", top few players. It's just that their middle tier has been horrible since the premiership.

benchmark00

beg to differ re Hawthorn being a very good team.

They are absolutely ****house.
They have deficiencies in the backline and ruck (injuries have played a part) but clearly they're a good team on paper. Which goes back to my earlier point of attitude, game plan and execution.