• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
put someone one hodge and he's crap

geelong kicked ahead, although i thought most recent one (bartel's goal) was touched

benchmark00

I reckon Geelong/Hawthorn is the best match up in AFL today. Another ripping game. Clinton Young is a ****ing gumby, that turnover near the end was so so bad. Doesn't change my perception of the legue though, still think Hawthorn are the most likely to challenge Collingwood, though at the moment it's a big gap.

I used to really like Selwood, but he's paraded around for one too many free kicks for my liking. I'm off him.

Lonergan was outstanding, smashed Franklin, but I can't help but think that Buddy's refusal to lead into space was nothing short of ****ing ********.

Last edited:

Spikey

and why did they bother with bruce, hale i can understand but what on earth does bruce offer

Burgey

Hawthorn always shape up against Geelong (fierce rivalry stemming from the 1989 grand final*) irrespective of their place on the ladder. They match up so well against them, and if there's been one single way to beat Geelong over the past 4 or so years, it's been by pressuring them over the whole ground and watching their handball game break down due to pressure (perceived and actual).

I don't know if you're familiar with basketball, but if you are, it's akin to a full court press. Every possession has pressure on it and it becomes hard to execute under pressure. Collingwood are the best at this, and Hawthorn are the second best. The hard part is keeping it up over the full 4 quarters, but given Hawthorn's form I reckon they're capable of it.

*Greatest game of football I've ever witnessed. Shading that match between Essendon & NM
You would've been about two years old in 1989 wouldn't you?

benchmark00

You would've been about two years old in 1989 wouldn't you?
Doesn't mean I haven't watched the game a gooch load of times though. Says something that I can appreciate how awesome it was with knowing the result/not being able to experience the atmosphere at the time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Geelong weren't even near their best and won. Awesome match. Great atmosphere at the ground!

Awesome round of footy. Great close matches, Richmond won, and Murphy was wrong with just about everything.

howardj

International Coach
Divided loyalties next Saturday night

Richmond v Lions, plus it's my best mate's birthday

Hopefully I get to watch a drawn game at the birthday party!

Burgey

Doesn't mean I haven't watched the game a gooch load of times though. Says something that I can appreciate how awesome it was with knowing the result/not being able to experience the atmosphere at the time.
Oh for sure. Was amazing.

Spikey

someone to take hudson, lane might return to the abc, hope i never see darcy's face again after this season. rest can also die, but walls will end up on fox.

don't get to see essendon live - or within 2-3 hours of the match starting - on fta until r19 now :( guess i better start trying to find streams. a skill which i suck at

overall next round is pretty sucky. sydney-carlton may actually be the best game of the round

benchmark00

2055 this week for the Mongooses, despite Cam Richardson turning in a stellar 14 points and a number of underachievers.

Spikey

Rd 5 Ranking

ouch

Overall Rank
of 274,435

ouchie

ah yes, that awkward phrase of the season when your original cash-cows haven't quite peaked yet, and the coaches ain't playing any new kids anyway and you want to trade but can't cause you've only got 50 ****ing K in the bank. At least I can do Broughton to Enright the week after.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Channel Seven Closes In

No games for Channel Ten though.

Throwing the commentary careers of Quartermain, Lane, Walls and Underwood into turmoil.

Seven should recruit Tim Lane.
TV commentary careers, at least. Quarterbrain will unfortunately find a radio gig elsewhere.

Hopefully Lane and Hudson get picked up elsewhere, but I'm guessing Hudson is tied up in other sporting commitments for the station.