• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Cooney's carrying something. Looked slow and out of it for the most part, but turned it on in the last quarter (except for that kick).

Odd game of footy tonight. Dogs basically dominated the second and third quarters (except for five minutes of madness) and had nothing to show for it. Amazing how we've gone from being one of the highest scoring teams in the league to a team that does not look like kicking a winning score no matter who we play.

McPharlin utterly destroyed Hall tonight.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thought the Doggies should have tried to shut down Fyfe. Yeah he's only a 2nd year player, but he just does whatever the **** he wants on the field.

Also I LOVE what I am seeing from Markovic. Looks a find for the Doggies. The kid can spoil!

howardj

International Coach
Top round of footy so far - some real cliffhangers.

Anyways...is that a Tiger i hear stirring...

gggrrrraaahhh!!!!

Dustin Martin, you bloody gun!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Thought the Doggies should have tried to shut down Fyfe. Yeah he's only a 2nd year player, but he just does whatever the **** he wants on the field.

Also I LOVE what I am seeing from Markovic. Looks a find for the Doggies. The kid can spoil!
They were saying during last weeks game that Hill must be ropeable he gets a hard tag every week and Fyfe gets a free run

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year

Might have been OK looking on tv, but McPhee carved him up I thought. Looks seriously slow.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh really? Commentators were pumping up his tyres in the last quarter (the only quarter I watched on TV and not listened to on the radio, which I should have said in my original post).

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
All you needed to watch really. First three quarters were a mess.

Markovic might have been pretty good really. You know how it is when you see a guy make a couple of blues live and that's what you base his game on.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And Fremantle....the real darkhorses for the comp.

Get Barlow, Morabito and Co back.

Geez
they've had a pretty easy run so far. brisbane, nm and adelaide are all bottom 8 and really the dogs have been dire too. the only team they've played who are looking good were geelong at home and they lost. it's hard to judge but i'm thinking 5-8 and not really being a threat.

(but then for me it's collingwood, geelong and the hawks right now and no dark-horse at all)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't see Barlow making an impact this year yet either. It'll take him some time to find his feet, and all he is so far is a guy who had a great half season. Will be interesting.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Markovic might have been pretty good really. You know how it is when you see a guy make a couple of blues live and that's what you base his game on.
Haha so true.

It's funny, you probably need to be at the game live to appreciate sometimes just how good players are (the amount Riewoldt, Richo, Cloke etc. run was truly amazing, and not properly visible on TV) but at the same time you can walk away from the ground and not realise just how well a player played.

Inside midfielders especially. You can look to the screen at three quarter time and see a Foley (in my case) or a Black etc. and see them with 25 touches and be like "what the hell?"

Always try and watch the replay of the match on Foxtel or Bigpond AFL website if I've been to the match live. Can analyse a game totally differently.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Knew you'd reply with that the minute I posted.

Had enough debates with you about it and needless to say I reckon you're incredibly unreasonable in your view. Will let this one slide.

howardj

International Coach
Good lord, next Saturday night's game is cutthroat between Crows and Saints.

The loser will have just one win from six games, and you'd think would struggle to play finals.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"if there's any match that deserves to be a draw and not have a winner it's that piece of ****"

or something like that