• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Port Adelaide vs. Gold Coast
Carlton vs. Adelaide
North Melbourne vs. Richmond
Essendon vs. Collingwood
Fremantle
vs. Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn vs. Geelong

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
couldn't find anyone to trade Broughton to; dropped him to the bench for Smith and Toy. Broughton to be loose man in defence, ton up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm giving Broughton another week. With Suban's injury he could receive more ball.

Will see how it goes.

Spikey

broc mccauley what a star.

probably gonna stay up to watch this despite knowing it'll be a shocking, boring match.

Spikey

Should have gotten Adcock in DT. Dang.
Oh man if you didn't have him before then yeah you've ****ed up not getting him for broughton. I had a bit of doubt about him, you know having to play in such a ****ing **** team and all, and his first round had me worried. but man since then. bit worried about drummond coming back and wrecking his score though

although drummond will only last a game before doing a quad anyway so.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's the reason I didn't get him. Worried about Drummond. Adcock's an awesome kick, but Drummond's even better. He'll definitely hurt his score.

I also don't believe in sideways trades in Dream Team. Either upgrade to premium or downgrade to rookie. No middle ****.

Lol @ Drummond's quad though. Must be made of paper.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There was no point the Saints selecting Kosi. Would have been better off playing a plank of wood.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Come on Saints you ****ing pricks.

Put some dough on you bitches to make the 8 @ $2.50. Don't ruin my bet already!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wish Geelong and Hawthorn was tomorrow. So k33n for it.
Why you so convinced the Hawks will get up?

In terms blithering idiots might understand.

Meanwhile, I'm mildly screwed DT wise this week; missing Cox, Goodes, Grimes & Darling from my starting line up. The returning Riewoldt (N) delivered a below par 80 too.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member

Meanwhile, I'm mildly screwed DT wise this week; missing Cox, Goodes, Grimes & Darling from my starting line up. The returning Riewoldt (N) delivered a below par 80 too.
Most people will be in the same boat though, everyone will have Cox, Grimes and Darling will be pretty popular as well. I'm missing Cox, Grimes, Sylvia & Tapscott this week. Still hopefull of a decent score, started well with Adcock & Fisher serving me well

benchmark00

Hawthorn always shape up against Geelong (fierce rivalry stemming from the 1989 grand final*) irrespective of their place on the ladder. They match up so well against them, and if there's been one single way to beat Geelong over the past 4 or so years, it's been by pressuring them over the whole ground and watching their handball game break down due to pressure (perceived and actual).

I don't know if you're familiar with basketball, but if you are, it's akin to a full court press. Every possession has pressure on it and it becomes hard to execute under pressure. Collingwood are the best at this, and Hawthorn are the second best. The hard part is keeping it up over the full 4 quarters, but given Hawthorn's form I reckon they're capable of it.

*Greatest game of football I've ever witnessed. Shading that match between Essendon & NM

Last edited: