• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
dontcloseyoureyes and cameel, what are your views on Jack Watts?

Do you reckon the media and fans of other teams are being too harsh on him? Or is the criticism/comments fair enough?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I haven't seen much of us this year, I thought he was steadily improving last year though. He's finally getting bigger which I like. I'm not sure though, could turn out like a few of our other #1 picks (TJ comes to mind) where he had all the talent but just couldn't put it together.

However, every time I watch him his disposal is terrible. Same for Cale Morton actually. Loving Trengrove though <3.

howardj

International Coach
Strange that the Suns' Victorian recruits get to stay on down in Melbourne after away games, and get to fly back and visit during the season from time to time. I'll say it again that as great as AFL is, there is no footy culture, no footy feel up here during the week like there is in Melbourne. I think the Melbourne recruits find it difficult to adapt to the lack of limelight, lack of footy culture up here. They find it boring up here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If what has been written about Ablett is true, then its poor form. The captain should train and do recovery with the rest of the team.

Big IF though. People love having a go at Gold Coast so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot more to it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyone else reckon Goodes at $21 is a decent bet for the Brownlow?

The man is one of the best pollers you will ever see (last year was a blip for him, and he still got 13!) and he's been good in Sydney's wins. Can see him racking up a lot of 3s.

Obviously Jude Bolton may steal a few votes from him in the early games, but overall I can see him pulling a tally like Judd did last year. Being a stand out in a team without many superstars.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Goodes is always a good bet. He literally only needs about 10 good games and he'll have it. Good the key word. Not great, a good game will get him votes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah he's just one of those pollers. Judd, Goodes, Black... Hird back in his day. Just had to have a good game and would get 2 or 3.

howardj

International Coach
TV Rights

Bruce's McAveney's broadcasting career could end if Nine wins out. No Olympics, no AFL, no Sportsworld...it could be just the Summer of Tennis.

Would be a shame, he's a top broadcaster.

I think Cometti jumped to Nine last time, didn't he? He's a top caller, Dennis.

I hope Seven/Ten wins...Hudson, McAveney, Commetti....all deserve to call.

And where would it leave Kelli Underwood's career lol

Plus, couldn't take Eddie calling Pies games again

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AFL Tips

Round 4:
Superkingdave 6
Brumby 6
Morgie 6
Heath 6
Cameel 6
Clapo 6
alternative 5
Samuel Vimes 5
Howard 5
Jono 5

Many with 6 out of 7. Most got the Adelaide vs. Port game wrong, except Superkingdave who tipped Port. But he then screwed his chances of getting 7 by tipping North :ph34r:

No tips from SBI this round. He gets the lowest score, which is 5. Good round to miss tips tbh.

Overall Leaderboard:

howardj 24
Brumby 24
Jono 23
heath 23
Samuel Vimes 22
clapo 22
morgie 22
sirbloodyidiot 20
superkingdave 20
cameel 18
alternative 17

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah hopefully he can continue to dominate in the VFL for the year then get elevated at the year end. Has improved so much in a year so anything is possible. Will have to be elevated at the year end anyway because Sheedy will be all over him otherwise

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AFL Tipping: Round 5 Fixture

Thursday
Brisbane vs. St Kilda - Gabba
Saturday
Port Adelaide vs. Gold Coast - AAMI Stadium
Carlton vs. Adelaide - Etihad Stadium
Sunday
North Melbourne vs. Richmond - Etihad Stadium
Monday
Essendon vs. Collingwood - MCG
Fremantle vs. Western Bulldogs - Patersons Stadium
Tuesday
Hawthorn vs. Geelong - MCG

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Brisbane vs. St Kilda
Port Adelaide vs. Gold Coast
Carlton vs. Adelaide
North Melbourne vs. Richmond
Essendon vs. Collingwood
Fremantle vs. Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn vs. Geelong

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just edited in the days of the games since the round starts on Thursday this week, as there are no games on Good Friday.

So obviously you need to get in your tips for the Brisbane vs. St Kilda game on Thursday before the first bounce.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AFL Tipping: Round 5 Fixture

Brisbane vs. St Kilda
Port Adelaide vs. Gold Coast
Carlton vs. Adelaide
North Melbourne vs. Richmond
Essendon vs. Collingwood
Fremantle vs. Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn vs. Geelong

A few interesting ones in there. Considered Hawthorn for a short while... I've picked enough surprises as it is though.