• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jesus that was an ordinary half. Port looked a rabble in the first quarter and a half too, could have easily been 10 goals behind with some better kicking. Hell of a turnaround.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's the point. Despite not being very good they had an amazing draw. Almost a gift from the AFL. And they're stuffing it up.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Did anyone catch the VFL game on ABC today? Apparently Majak had a decent game including a goal of the year contender, He's coming in 2012

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Dangerfield is definitely not the best player on the Adelaide list, at least not at this point in his career. Anyway, take 8-9 first choice players out of a young side and they're going to struggle. There's a huge amount of talent there, but they have a long way to go and there's key players missing.

I think Adelaide will still make the 8, though.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't be afraid to name these better players.

Fact is, they're a very ordinary football team. The only way the will come close to making the eight is because of their draw.

Spikey

Thompson is the obvious one. A very young list. Remind of Essendon circa two years a bit - not really a lot in the 23 - 28 area. Didn't understand why everyone was picking them for the 8 mind you until I saw their draw.

Keep on junking it up Sylvia. You too Toy. Looking like it'll be my top score for the year. Mind you i've only got to beat 1,987...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Don't be afraid to name these better players.

Fact is, they're a very ordinary football team. The only way the will come close to making the eight is because of their draw.
Thompson, Van Berlo, Vince and Douglas are all more accomplished midfielders than Dangerfield at this stage in his career, and then you can throw in Rutten, Doughty and Johncock down back as well. and Porplyzia when he's fit. Dangerfield's going to be a great player but he's got a long way to go.

Anyway, ordinary is relative. Definitely not a contender but won't finish bottom 4 either, keeping in mind that it's the same team that pushed Geelong, St. Kilda and Collingwood in the last few weeks last season, just with a lot of injuries.

Spikey

Argh Lindsay Thomas can be so frustrating,

how can you even kick 0.6 i don't understand. Gee North are in trouble

2098 :( Hoping for a tackle to be added

Might have to trade out Broughton soon. With Adcock, Goddard, Boyd and Riewoldt to come back in I think I'm heading in the right direction. Special thanks to Didak and Sylvia who each got around 60 points in their last quarters after doing nothing all match :laugh:

Next week's byes don't hurt me much. Although they do mean I'll have to go in with 2 of Krakouer, Richardson & Matera who have all been pretty dire so far.

Next week is horrible btw. Thursday match, two on Monday, another on Tuesday. Boring. Yeah Freo playing on ANZAC day I'm cool with that. But why Hawthorn on Tuesday? I know they usually play on Easter Monday but come on.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
****in hell Brumby, ranked 233. Better keep it up. Question is, is Jono's performance being affected by the appearance of the mongooses this year