• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Completely agree with Brian Taylor on AFL Teams just then.

Karmichael Hunt kept Jarrad Grant to 2 kick and no score. This in a game where the Bulldogs smashed the Suns. The guy himself had 10 touches with 84% efficiency.

Ignore his salary, which is basically for marketing, and judge the guy on what he's doing on the actual park.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Completely agree with Brian Taylor on AFL Teams just then.

Karmichael Hunt kept Jarrad Grant to 2 possessions or something last week, and no score. This in a game where the Bulldogs smashed the Suns. The guy himself had 10 touches with 84% efficiency.

Ignore his salary, which is basically for marketing, and judge the guy on what he's doing on the actual park.
Game has moved on from negating backmen who provide nothing the other way though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
By all means say he's not good. Fine.

But Rohan Connolly calling him "embarrassing" on the weekend is hyperbole, and Leigh Matthews saying he doesn't make Gold Coast's best 22 is a bit much as well.

benchmark00

By all means say he's not good. Fine.

But Rohan Connolly calling him "embarrassing" on the weekend is hyperbole, and Leigh Matthews saying he doesn't make Gold Coast's best 22 is a bit much as well.
I don't actually think he would be in the Gold Coast's best 21 aws, however I should preface that with saying two things:

1) I don't have a deep knowledge of Gold Coasts list, and;
2) He definitely has scope for improvement, and it's not about playing the best 21 players for the Gold Coast, it's about playing guys to get AFL experience into them with an eye on the future.

Spikey

I thought he was pretty decent on the weekend. The only real problem I had was that he gets a bit lost in a big pack situation and the ball goes to ground. One-on-one he was fine and he was fine with putting his head over the ball. He's hardly the only defender with a bad kicking game in the league (I get worried every-time Kyle Hardingham has to kick it). Nathan Krakouer has been about 20000 times worse than Hunt so far.

benchmark00

Richmond vs Collingwood
Hawthorn vs West Coast
Carlton vs Essendon
Sydney vs Geelong
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide
Gold Coast vs Melbourne
Fremantle vs North Melbourne

cameeel

International Captain
Richmond vs Collingwood
Hawthorn vs West Coast
Carlton vs Essendon
Sydney vs Geelong
Gold Coast vs Melbourne

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richmond vs Collingwood
Hawthorn vs West Coast
Carlton vs Essendon
Sydney vs Geelong
Gold Coast vs Melbourne

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richmond vs Collingwood
Hawthorn vs West Coast
Carlton vs Essendon
Sydney vs Geelong
Gold Coast vs Melbourne

howardj

International Coach
Looking forward to the two games this afternoon.

See Parkin wrote Kerr off on AFL Teams the other night.

Harsh IMO. Will be better placed to make a judgement at year-end, rather than just two or three games in.

Spikey

well that's ****. two season-ending knee injuries within 10 minutes. Overall Dempsey and Winderlich are replaceable but geez if we win from here I'd be shocked

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Freakish amount of draws so far this season.

Heading for my first sub-2k round of the season in DT. Running 1294 with 10 to play, but captain and most of my bankers have gone.

Spikey

That push in the back decision against Jetta on his tackle of Carazzo was dubious.
pretty annoying considering what happened up in Sydney two weeks back, but during Simpson's run to put Carlton back in front some pretty tough holding was done on Jetta, got a whack in the head. A soft free was there!

McVeigh broke his hand too. so i guess i should be ecstatic with two points

Captain Jobe filling in for Boyd nicely. Krakouer wasn't in the team at first but everyone else was picking him....stupid me :(

Hibberd's playing for Bendigo tomorrow btw for those with him in the DT. A good game should see him in contention for ANZAC day.

Last edited: