• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Matt79

Global Moderator
Saying that he's concerned for gay footballers welfare is doing him a kindness given the issues he cited are that it made him uncomfortable in the showers, which stfu-Ben got smashed here for saying, and that it will distract the club. 8-)

Aker talking crap as he often does. His attitude prob typifies why it will be hard for the first guy who comes out, but also why we'll all be better off once someone does, so the rest of the league can all get over it.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Sad this will the last season we'll see Kirky running around. Hope the swans keep doing well this year for him.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Sad this will the last season we'll see Kirky running around. Hope the swans keep doing well this year for him.
100% agree. One of my personal sporting heroes. Hope he sticks around the club after he retires too. Could see him being Roos mk2 sometime in the future.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
With Tambling out, do Richmond even have an Aboriginal player playing tomorrow? :(

Edit: Of course my boy Shane Edwards. Forgot about him for a sec.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
100% agree. One of my personal sporting heroes. Hope he sticks around the club after he retires too. Could see him being Roos mk2 sometime in the future.
Roos said he would be in the top 4 alltime players for South Melbourne/Sydney, which is probably a slight stretch given players like Bobby Skilton, Tony Lockett, etc, but he'd definitely be in their alltime team. Brilliant player.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Roos said he would be in the top 4 alltime players for South Melbourne/Sydney, which is probably a slight stretch given players like Bobby Skilton, Tony Lockett, etc, but he'd definitely be in their alltime team. Brilliant player.
Just love the fact he can even be talked about in such circles when he can't really kick and has never possesed alot of pace or skills. Grit and determination are cliches bandied around too often in sport, but Kirky really has built a career on them. Sounds like a terrific guy as well.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Meh, chose the wrong site to work at today, would have like to catch some of the game but stupid streaming video filter here...grr

Matt79

Global Moderator
Awesome to have live Friday night footy
Disagree actually.

Only watched up to half-time because I couldn't get home in time from work in time to watch the game live, so had to tape it, and due to a ****-up with my DVR, it only taped up to the Hawkins goal 4 minutes before half time. :@

From what I saw, well played to Geelong, you guys are still the benchmark. The second quarter was so frustrating because we were just not quite good enough. I understand we were very inaccurate during the second half, which is probably a function of the pressure you guys exert. Such an awesome team when guys like Chapman and Mackie aren't even in your top three or four players.

From what I saw, Cloke, Ball and Swan were very good for us, and apparently Beams got better as the game went on. I was arguing to trade Davis for Ball if necessary during trade week, and he looks just about ready for the knackers yard based on how he played tonight.

We've lost to both of last years grand-finalists now - hopefully this lose will light a further fire to go as far as the team looks like it can. (if last year's smashing in the PF wasn't enough to have already done so :p)

EDIT: even though we lost, pretty gutted that I missed the second half, because it was gripping footy. I'd already gone mental and thrown cushions around the room and sworn at my wife til she huffed off because she was being balanced in agreeing with the umpires several times, and was definitely set to get nicely drunk watching the second half :(

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Geelong's 3rd quarter was ****ing fantastic. They looked like they were in serious trouble, and then said "hang the **** on" and just went crazy.

Such an awesome team.

howardj

International Coach
I thought the final scoreline flattered the Cats.

They were great, but I don't think they're out of Collingwood's reach.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought the final scoreline flattered the Cats.

They were great, but I don't think they're out of Collingwood's reach.
I don't think it did. The Cats were mucking around with Brisbane last week, and for a large part of last night I think it's what they did with Collingwood too. It's pretty obvious that the Cats are exerting themselves only as much as they need to for September.

The only time Collingwood threatened (in the midst of the Dayne Beams show) Geelong just turned it up a gear and repelled them with ease.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Collingwood had their chances in the last quarter but were wasteful. Had a gooch load of inside 50's in the first 5 or so minutes.