• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is why the Cats' win over Freo last week shouldn't be scoffed. Particularly without Scarlett, Selwood etc.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why the Cats' win over Freo last week shouldn't be scoffed. Particularly without Scarlett, Selwood etc.
I don't think Adelaide are very good tbf. Don't really know why people rate them.

No doubt it was a good win by Geelong in Perth, but Freo will get better as the season goes on. Geelong around the 4th best team in the league.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But if Adelaide aren't good it defends my argument that Geelong are better than Hawthorn.

Because Adelaide beat Hawthorn, yet can't beat Freo at home, yet Geelong beat Freo away without many gun players.

Spikey

some facts: freo won't be as good as last season. adl won't be as bad as last season. freo were/if they weren't should have been favourites to win and certainly talk of an upset is absurd. geelong are better than hawthorn. everyone lovers dangerfield

BoyBrumby

Englishman
On commentators; does anyone know who called the St Kilda/Richmond draw last week?

We got it on delay here and the comm seems to have a bit of an English inflection to his accent. Pretty sure Eurosport just use the Oz feed, anyway.

benchmark00

But if Adelaide aren't good it defends my argument that Geelong are better than Hawthorn.

Because Adelaide beat Hawthorn, yet can't beat Freo at home, yet Geelong beat Freo away without many gun players.
Reckon Geelong are two different beasts.

Geelong is like Kallis - reliable, consistent, great performer but has a 'peak' level.

Hawthorn is like Sehwag - can be erratic, but when on, absolutely phenominal, will take apart almost anyone on the right day.

Will be picking Hawthorn against Geelong (whenever they play) provided they can string some semi consistent performances together.

benchmark00

On commentators; does anyone know who called the St Kilda/Richmond draw last week?

We got it on delay here and the comm seems to have a bit of an English inflection to his accent. Pretty sure Eurosport just use the Oz feed, anyway.
Would've been Dennis Cometti, def not English though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, 90% sure that was him.

Would've guessed he was a pom who'd moved down under or an Aussie who'd spent some time up here. Has that kind of transhemispheric accent to my ear, anyway.