• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes, that'll seal it.

Gaff looks the goods. WC using him as a sub player but surely he's good enough to start in their 21?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Andrew Gaff
Jamie MacMillan
Cameron Howat

Just more products of the great institution that is Camberwell Magpies Cricket Club.

Actually, including Dowling, we'll claim TCloke, MMurphy and BGoddard.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be ****ting himself now.
And now the hardest decision I've got to make is what to spend my $10,500 on. Tempted to see what the going rate for a hit on Murphy's life would be. Think I might get a discount rate if I ask the right person (i.e. anyone).

Redbacks

International Captain
Kerr is back :devil2: still my favourite player in the AFL (partly for being the antithesis of the Crows).

Watched half the game, as my club played the curtain raiser, thought West Coast looked pretty good, they should be a much better side this season, looking at their bio's nearly all their side are over 80kgs now, so it looks like they have moved away from being a lean ultra-fit team to copy the more balanced physical style of the Cats/Pies. On the other side of the equation Port had no forward structure other than Robbie Grey being gun, so maybe it's not the best opponent to judge how well the back 6 and others went as they were given too much license and really made them pay.

The new lad Jack Darling for the Eagles is a big unit with good hands, at 18 it looks like they finally have a key forward in the pipeline.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So how was K Hunt's debut? Judging by the scoreline, it looks like a long season for the Suns..

Is any AFL fans actually liking the bye? I used to hate it in the NRL when they had byes from round 1, who needs a break in round 1 of the season ffs.

Redbacks

International Captain
Bit hard to judge K Hunt given the game was a walkover and the suns had 12 first gamers in the team. He did ok as a one on one defender by the looks of it. Once your midfield gets thrashed defenders are in trouble no matter how good they are as they are always reacting, without pressure on the incoming pass, you shouldn't beat the attacker 9/10 times.

He might be an ok player, but I reckon he will not enjoy going from an absolute superstar in one code, to a possibly a solid competitor in another and switch back after his contract finishes if the $$ fall away.

Redbacks

International Captain
Josh Kennedy?
True, I just don't rate him as a key forward where you can bang it in long and then expect him to domintate the 50/50 physical battles, will need to be more of a Riewoldt type lead up player, thus he won't be kicking 70 goals a year based on what I have seen so far. He's got good speed, made two great chases in the 1st quarter. The kid Darling at 18 looks ready to play against men which makes the results of 2-3 years of development down the track look very exciting.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ooh Swans get over the line. Tight game. Essendon just couldn't break away and Swans fought back.