• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pleased I stuck Ed Curnow in my team for no other reason he was playing and cheap. 107 points a fair return for a kid who cost $96.4k.

Only 6 CWers in the league tho? Poor show, IMHO.

howardj

International Coach
Thought Richmond were ok on Thursday night, not going to beat the good teams but competetive with 6th and below, probably means another long season ahead.

The Blues stuffed the 1st quarter, should have been 5-7 goals up given their dominance and game in the bag.
Yeah, I thought my Tiger boys were quite good. Probably only win 6-9 games, but the real thing for me is that they get those blow out losses out of their game - when they lose by 60, 80 or 90 points. Just totally spill their lollies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Touchy.

You also could have just named a Gold Coast player as captain, and put him on the field. And selected an emergency from someone you knew playing.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Touchy.

You also could have just named a Gold Coast player as captain, and put him on the field. And selected an emergency from someone you knew playing.
Actually you're right, it's not going to cost me. I named Prestia as captain and have Hale as an emergency (picked him because he's ruck cover).

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha Porps couldn't even last 5 minutes for the season without doing his shoulder. Bloke needs to retire.

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Unusual for a game at AAMI to be so watchable but I'm enjoying this, maybe it's just a reflection on what we've been served up in the other games so far.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep the conditions are definitely against them but I don't think there's a whole lot in it. I don't think they've spent as much energy in their fightback as Port had to against Collingwood and they're also a much fitter side.

Have to say there's a lot to like about this Crows side tbh. Davis was awesome against Franklin, Smith has got a bit of toe, Sloane composed, Dangerfield involved in some big plays. Tambling looks a lot slimmer and fitter than he did last year which is probably the Neil Craig influence - hasn't had the best of games tonight but if he's fit enough he'll be a gem in this side.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Walker's going to be a great player for GWS next year.

Pretty happy with the win anyway. Dangerfield was nowhere in the first half but huge afterwards, dragged the team along with him in the third term. Given no Tippett, no Jacobs and no Porplyzia, solid performance.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Brisbane were robbed.

And this spoiler thing is annoying. Don't come in the thread if you're on delay benchy ffs

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Tougher than usual to find streams for the games today, which is a shame as I really don't want to have to go out to watch the twilight game.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching Melb/Sydney on delay, terrific game so far. Tapscott has been awesome, especially to find the ball as much as he has. Was always rated highly for his kicking and marking before the 09 draft but the knock was that he didn't find it enough. Could be a Daniel Rich type player if he can start getting 20-25 possies a game though.