• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Are GWS playing VFL or something this year? or am I dreaming?
Definitely not in the VFL, I think they're in the TAC Cup.

Edit: TAC Cup was last year, this year they're in the Eastern Conference of the NEAFL, which is against ACT teams and the Swans reserves. They will play a couple of games against teams from the Northern Conference as well.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Really small minded of Daniel Bradshaw not to attend tonight's Lions 2001 Premiership Re-Union.

The night is about one thing - memories, namely remembering the greatest day in Qld AFL history.

It's not about how you feel about things or people currently.

Heck, even Aker is going.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Really small minded of Daniel Bradshaw not to attend tonight's Lions 2001 Premiership Re-Union.

The night is about one thing - memories, namely remembering the greatest day in Qld AFL history.

It's not about how you feel about things or people currently.

Heck, even Aker is going.
I don't buy that. Nobody really knows the circumstances in which Bradshaw left other than to say it wasn't a completely amicable affair. If Aker is thick-skinned enough to go, which we all know he is, that's great for him, but that doesn't mean that it should be a requirement for anyone else, especially a private guy like Bradshaw.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
BTW i added a few 'celebs' to the league. If we get an unprecedented influx of new entries by Thursday ill kick them, but it should hopefully ensure we don;t get absorbed into someone else league like last year and preserve the Clubshub name.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Holy crapola, look at that Kangas injury list.

One of you Norf supporting idiots tell me who's going to play and score highly for my dream team.

Now.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Holy crapola, look at that Kangas injury list.

One of you Norf supporting idiots tell me who's going to play and score highly for my dream team.

Now.
Injury list doesn't look as bad now with Grima pretty much a shoe in for RD1 and Cunnington also a chance. Petrie back from next week, Campbell & Greenwood probably after the bye and Hmac a few rounds after that.

We don't tend to be very high scoring in DT tbh but Richardson & Tarrant will get decent game time and Petrie and Anthony have decent discounts. Don't think Atley is a very good option, wouldn't be surprised if when he does get a game its as sub/gets subbed

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cos you don't want to run it, or people just don't want to do a tipping comp?

Cos I'm happy to run it, provided someone explains the handicap rule (I never understood it).